Director of Sales
Hopworks Urban Brewery
Apply for this Job
The Director of Sales position calls for an industry-experienced, driven, innovative, strategic leader & team-player who is ready for a senior level role and who believes in HUB’s culture and brand.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, Hopworks Urban Brewery creates world-class beer and food using sustainable business practices that protect our environment and inspire our community.
We are a dedicated B-Corp and Salmon-Safe certified business and 1% For The Planet partner.
With locally-sourced, organic and Salmon-Safe hops, our 20-barrel brewery produces 13,500 barrels of beer a year for our three brewpubs and for distribution throughout the Northwest as well as other national and international locations. Our pubs serve our beer and fresh food, in sustainably-built and operated buildings that have a relaxed, family-friendly atmosphere.
Hopworks is family-owned and operated, employing over 160 people in Oregon and Washington. We serve our neighborhoods through donations, profit sharing and volunteering with local, non-profit organizations. We are the first Certified B Corporation brewery in the Pacific Northwest and our campus is the first Salmon-Safe Certified brewery in the world.
Hopworks prides itself on providing a work culture that includes all and encourages team members to be themselves and excel. The HUB Team works hard, lives life and has fun! We care about our communities and protecting our environment. We are team-players who are the best at our jobs, radiating positive energy and focused on making Hopworks a great place to work and a great place for our guests to enjoy good beer & food.
A successful Sales Director at HUB is an innovative entrepreneur who both develops and executes strategy. The Director of Sales oversees and performs sales operations, ensuring continuity, growth and enhancement of HUB's wholesale divisions and key accounts. This position leads a small, tight-knit team to set and achieve goals that support the annual brewery sales plan. You will work closely with the CEO, Head Brewer, Brand Manager, and Sales Rep. to create a plan that grows sales and profitability.
You will assertively and mindfully define and grow sales at HUB, establishing strong relationships with distributors and retailers, and serve as a brand ambassador at industry events. You are a collaborative, hands-on leader with a positive attitude that embraces HUB’s mission and culture. You will establish positive, productive relationships with team members to promote Hopworks’ culture and industry-leading position as a dedicated B-Corp and Salmon-Safe certified business, and 1% For The Planet partner.
- Create, manage and provide regular updates on a sales plan and budget.
- Monitor and evaluate local and regional markets to identify necessary strategic adjustments to the sales plan.
- Develop and manage wholesale accounts, key accounts and export business.
- Manage a sales team.
- Work with the Brewery team to ensure timely production of beer and coordinate distribution of marketing materials to key accounts.
- Work with the HUB leadership team to help drive the financial, social and environmental plan to ensure success and alignment with B Corp standards.
- Work with the Marketing Team on sales calendar, collateral and communication ensuring messaging is on-brand, consistent, up-to-date and accessible.
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships with vendors, suppliers and all partners involved with the Sales department.
- Promote the HUB brand in the consumer sector when visiting bars, restaurants and stores that sell beer, and serve as an example of responsible alcohol consumption.
- The position will directly supervise 1 to 2 sales team members who are responsible for sales to local restaurants, bars, and retail establishments.
- This position is part of the company leadership team and reports to the Owner / CEO.
- 5-7 years of multi-unit senior sales experience in the beverage industry. Craft beer industry experience preferred.
- Financial and budget knowledge and understanding.
- Proven ability to think strategically about brand architecture, trade positioning, and identifying future trends and opportunities.
- Possesses strong leadership and management skills; effectively influences and motivates others.
- Fosters innovation; responds creatively to change in a steady growth environment
- Approachable, mature and professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Google Suite, MS Office and VIP. Experience with EKOS and QuickBooks preferred.
- Strong focus on the customer experience, both internal and external.
- The ability to balance the well-being of the employees along with the health of the company.
- Ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels of a growing organization.
- Experience in maintaining liquor license compliance.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and all valid state permits.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary & Incentive Plan
- Health Insurance options available after 60 days.
- Retirement Plan
- HUGE Discounts on HUB food, beer and gear
- Discounts with community partners - Patagonia, Next Adventure, and more!
Hopworks Urban Brewery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - so come as you are. We believe culture and thought diversity result in stronger teams and companies. We seek talented, conscientious, qualified employees regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity, and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under law.