Regional Sales Rep-NorCal
Apply for this Job
As a young growing company, we are looking for a passionate craft salesperson who can help us grow our distribution into new markets. We are adding to our team and want people that like to work hard and have fun doing it like we do! You should love that our cider comes from fruit that our 6th generation orchards produce, and we control through the entire unique process.
Founded in 2015, Hemly Cider is one of the only 100% estate grown cideries in California. Since 1850 our family has been farming in the California Delta. Not happy with cider in the US, we traveled to England and France before partnering with a Whiskey and Cider maker in Tasmania. Together we developed a cider that would highlight and respect the generations of work that has gone into our fruit.
This role will work with distributors and the production team to realize goals, forecast growth, and ensure accountability by all parties. The sales rep will work to meet marketing, financial, and cidery growth objectives while constantly re-evaluating performance against the sales plan.
- Drive sales growth in market by maintaining existing accounts and opening new points of distribution
- Direct account sales while working closely with distributors to fulfill sales commitments
- Interface with consumers and accounts as a representative of the brand
- Manage distributor inventory including orders, forecasts, allocations and monthly wholesaler warehouse audits.
- Achieve pre-determined monthly and yearly sales objectives
- Conduct sales meetings using data to grow territory
- Plan, attend, and execute special events, promotions and festivals as needed
- Working Days, evenings and weekends may be required as job duties demand
- Ensure thorough coverage of POS material at accounts, and provide additional sales support as needed
- Provide daily and weekly reporting on job activity
- Manage expenses within guidelines to maximize sales
- Responsible for timely response on all communications (24 hours)
- Meet all deadlines
- Merchandise accounts within territory
- Plan and conduct General Sales Meetings with distributor sales staff at least quarterly
- Train and motivate distributor sales teams on Hemly Cider and cider in general
- Experience in, and strong understanding of the craft beverage industry-craft cider or craft beer industry preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to stay focused and productive without direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Desire to work in a fast paced growing company
- Ability to plan and work a flexibility schedule
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 4 years sales experience and at least 1 year outside sales-craft beverage industry preferred
- Microsoft Office, Excel proficiency
- Reside in assigned territory
- Must be 21 years of age at time of application
- Clean driving record
- Competitive base salary + bonus for achieving sales goals
- Comprehensive health coverage
- Phone, Gas and expense package
- Cider supply!