Delivery & Pick Up Driver
Apply for this Job
Scout Distribution is an independently owned craft beer and wine distributor. We specialize in building brands and providing exceptional customer service.
Scout Distribution is hiring for a Delivery/Pickup Driver. This is a fast-paced position that involves lifting, lowering, and carrying items that typically weigh 50 -100 lbs. Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer interaction, driving skills and must be able to work independently while making deliveries. Qualified candidates must have a valid Driver License issued within the state of CA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operate company provided truck in accordance with company safety policies & procedures
• Deliver customer orders to homes and/or places of business within established time frames
• Establish and maintain relationships with customers and ensure customer questions are accurately answered
• Physically load and unload delivery trucks
• Maintain accurate transportation logs including vehicle inspection reports on a daily basis
• Excellent customer service skills
• One year of experience driving a van or truck preferred
• Excellent driving and route mapping skills
• Ability to work safely and quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to lift from ground level to overhead, carry and maneuver items weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Valid driver's license with a history of no suspensions or at fault accidents within the last three years, no DUI/DWI within the past seven years, and no more than one moving violation within the last three years
• Frequent maneuvering in and out of delivery truck
• Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis while carrying groceries
• Two handed lifting, pushing, handling, and carrying totes on a frequent basis
• Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving totes from ground level to overhead
• Job duties and responsibilities may vary and additional job duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time