Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Brewing Supervisor leads one of Sierra Nevada’s brewing team(s) which could include Brewing, Cellar, Filtration, or Special Products. This is a rotational position within the brewing supervisory team and requires a focus on cross-functional training. There will be an emphasis on producing a high-quality product or service in all areas. Responsibilities will vary between department supervision and department/brewery level projects using our company values as a guide.
SNBC Employees: Please note this is an In-Training opportunity.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, applicable state laws and OSHA regulations
- Fosters a culture focused on making safety a priority, addressing potential safety hazards quickly and effectively
- Maintains the highest quality standards possible in every aspect of the business
- Develops a cohesive semi-autonomous team focused on safety, quality, service, cost, environmental sustainability and innovation
- Solicits the input of others to collaboratively make decisions
- Facilitates problem solving activities to determine root cause and close the loop on issues that impact the state of the business
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observe workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Responsible for the entire employee lifecycle from hiring to coaching and mentoring to progressive feedback and employee growth
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring process
- Trains, coaches and mentors’ employees
- Plans and executes daily work assignments and directly supervises team
- Communicates and interprets company policies to employees
- Rewards and recognizes positive performance
- Efficiently addresses employee concerns
- Conducts one on one meeting with each team member, providing feedback and suggestions to aid in professional development
- Councils and in some cases provide discipline for actions and behaviors counterproductive to team and company initiatives
- Prepare department’s employee schedules
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Plan and Implement projects to improve the safety quality and efficiency across the brewery?
- Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s or greater degree in engineering, food/fermentation science, chemistry, microbiology or related field required
- Diploma or certificate in Brewing from an accredited institution required
- OR any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- One (1) year of supervisory or management experience required
- Three (3) years of relevant experience in a production brewery environment required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive understanding of raw materials handling, brewhouse operations, cellar management, and filtration procedures
- Understanding of COP, CIP, sanitation and sterilization techniques
- Understanding of specific beer process terminologies
- Demonstrated ability to work with automated processes interface, as well as manual brewery operations
- Competent with the Microsoft Office suite of programs (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated mechanical ability & technical aptitude
- Knowledge of production processes and quality control
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and implement procedures for solutions
- Excellent communication skills
Driver License Required: No
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold temperatures (non-weather); and other associated conditions normally present in a production setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require hearing and protection. Other forms of company-provide personal protective equipment (PPE) may be needed to perform work including hot mitt gloves, cut resistant gloves, non-slip shoes, rain suits, face shield protection, and others as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able safely and properly lift 50 pounds without assistance, and maneuver full ½-barrel kegs weighing up to 168 pounds safely and with proper body mechanics. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and use hands and body to move material and perform necessary job tasks. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or listen to co-workers. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb stairs/ladders, push, pull, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- This person has a flexible work schedule and must be willing and able to work all shifts including weekends, holidays, early mornings and late nights
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check, driver's license check and physical abilities exam.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer