Wet Coast Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Position Summary: The Brewer/Cellar-Person is responsible for wort production, fermentation oversight, equipment cleaning/maintenance, product packaging and other associated beer production activities.
- Execute wort production in accordance with the weekly production schedule via our 15bbl steam-fired brewhouse.
- Collect and record raw material usage, production data and lab samples.
- Perform post brewing and regular cleaning/maintenance on brewhouse equipment.
- Monitor fermentation process of all beers.
- Perform dry hopping and other beer conditioning.
- Yeast harvesting and strain maintenance.
- Experience with general laboratory processes desirable.
- Transfer product between vessels.
- Carbonate, sample and approve beers for packaging.
- Package beer into kegs, bottles and cans.
- Experience with Meheen and Wild Goose fillers desirable.
- Clean kegs utilizing a 3-station semi-automatic keg washer.
- Perform FV and BBT CIP.
- Maintain organization of cold room.
- Full Time (40hr/wk)
- Compensation depends on qualifications and will be tailored for the successful applicant.
- Benefits including: Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Medical Benefits.
- 2+ years experience producing beer in a commercial production setting.
- Minimum 21 years old.
- Passion and understanding of the science and art of beer making.
- Degree in Brewing Science, Engineering, Chemistry or related field desirable.
- Competency in beer styles and flavor profiles.
- Motivation and desire to work in a physically demanding environment, including:
- Ability to crouch, bend, twist and stand for extended periods of time in a warehouse environment containing thermal, chemical and mechanical hazards.
- Ability to lift 55 lbs. repeatedly and safely move 165 lb. kegs.
- Strong independent work ethic, yet able to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to safely operate a pallet jack and forklift.
- Availability to work a varied schedule, potentially involving long days, evenings, and weekends.
- Basic computer skills and ability to complete forms and write instructions.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude with excellent organizational and time management skills.