Area Marketing Manager - Sacramento
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
The Area Marketing Manager is the marketing face of the Sierra Nevada brand to the consumer, our distributor partners, event partners, key accounts and our sales counterparts. The AMM is charged with developing tactical plans around identified growth and branding opportunities and delivering results on those opportunities by generating brand affinity, trial, growing brand awareness, driving word of mouth and building long term pull in their key volume and influencer markets within assigned area. The AMM achieves this through execution of Field Marketing tactics such as event activation, influencer seeding / relationships, national program activation, partnering with sales and social media activities.
The essential duties that will define success for the AMM include, but are not limited to, those outlined below:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong understanding of local community events
- Exceptional communication skills, including presenting and written
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Entrepreneurial personality a must
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Outgoing personality with excellent communications skills to engage consumers
Education & Experience
- Minimum 2-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing preferred
- Minimum 3 years of Experiential and Brand Marketing experience preferably in CPG / food / beverage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of the Craft Beer industry preferred
- Ability to identify and build plans that engage consumers in a way that will grow brand affinity
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines
- Exhibit a professional, business like appearance and demeanor
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills
- Regular travel is required throughout assigned area as well as to other events outside area as needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather). Regularly required to work in an office setting spending time in front of a computer screen with the need to use hands and fingers to type. Regularly required to work in an out-of-office setting with long periods of sitting while driving (individually and as a passenger) or flying. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but may occasionally be moderate or require hearing protection when at concerts or festivals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 44-pound cases without assistance and maneuver 168 pound kegs safely and with proper body mechanics. While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last three years
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check, and driver license check.
- Selected candidate will be required to reside in/or relocate to the specific market area (Sacramento area)
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer