Director of Operations- Brewpub
Little Creatures Mission Bay
Apply for this Job
Little Creatures Brewing was born out of the love of great beer!
We are excited to be looking for a Director of Operations to power the success of our first North American venue established in July 2019 in Mission Bay, San Francisco. The Director of Operations will provide ongoing leadership to the venue and our Little Creatures team members.
We have the highest aspirations for our venues and your passion, experience, and insights will be pivotal in making them a reality. Our aim is to stretch your creativity, drive, and innovation, to deliver amazing hospitality offerings.
The position oversees all aspects of the dining room, bar, retail space, and events, partnering with the wider Global Markets team on policies, branding, sales strategies, and marketing initiatives.
You will be a proven people leader, who is both operationally structured and commercially savvy, successfully aligning the day to day operations of a large, complex site with the overall strategy and direction of the larger group.
You will lead a large hospitality crew including the back of house team led by our Executive Chef, as well as working with the Front of House Manager to deliver an exceptional customer experience through the team of servers, bartenders, hosts, & baristas.
Your experience in leadership within the hospitality industry, solid communication skills, & love of craft beer will be the keys to your success in this role.
- Hospitality management (minimum of 4 years at a similar level).
- Managing teams of people
- Managing a Retail space or Retail experience preferable
- Recruitment, onboarding, and training of new employees
- Safety management
- Relationship management both internally & externally
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Reading financial statements/results and reporting on it
- People leadership
- People, operations and administrative related systems – Micros, OpenTable, MyMicros Reporting, ADP, E-Verify, Microsoft Office
- Liquor licensing qualifications, first aid, and fire warden training
- Roster writing, inventory and product flow, cash and stock security
- Familiarity with Kitchen operations and structure, Food safety.
- Cost of goods calculation and sales mix analysis, including pricing and menu engineering
- Food and beverage service procedures in a range of environments.
- Beer production process
- A broad and in-depth understanding of hospitality including local and industry trends, key suppliers and customers
- Regulatory and legal compliance knowledge and understanding of implications to the business
We offer a competitive salary package, great benefits and the opportunity to join a brand that is renowned for its excellence in craft beer, food, & community involvement.
Check out the link below and get excited about joining us on this journey!
Lion and Little Creatures is committed to upholding the values inherent in equal employment opportunity. The company strictly prohibits the discrimination against any person based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local laws. Employment decisions are made strictly upon the basis of business needs, job requirements, and individual merit. Beyond the mere prohibition of discrimination, Little Creatures encourages and promotes a diverse workplace and knows that the diversity of its people is a source of strength.