Director of Sales
San Diego-based Brewery
Apply for this Job
We are growing up, making the leap from microbrewery to regional brewery, and need someone with proven success in the industry to direct our sales efforts.
Q: Why would I risk leaving my current job to sell beer for your brewery?
A: Because our beer quality is excellent, we have a lab, our brand is very strong, we have lots of unclaimed opportunities in the chains, are making massive commitments to marketing, have a Board of Directors comprised of successful entrepreneurs, are committed to creating non-competing beverages for our distribution partners and have an innovative go-to market strategy for future markets.
Q: What is it like working at your brewery?
A: Freedom! We embrace individuality so everyone is allowed to have their own opinions, inside and outside of the brewery.Plus, there's lots of room for you to put systems and processes in place that you feel will make you successful.
Q: When do I start?
A: When can you?
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop sales strategies with management team
- Lead the company sales efforts
- Manage relationships with distributors
- Identify and negotiate relationships with new distribution partners
- Identify and generate leads and new business opportunities
- Analyze sales data to identify opportunities for sales growth
- Manage and grow key accounts, specifically chains
- Effectively manage a small sales team
- Coordinate with Marketing to develop go to market strategies for new products
- Develop sales objectives and strategies with each member of sales team
- Other duties may be assigned
- Experience in the role of a sales manager/director in the beer industry
- Experience selling at the local and regional level
- Experience selling to chains
- Proven success in leading, overseeing, and developing a team
- Has strong relationships with key customers and distributors
- Proven capability to reach decision-makers and quickly determine opportunity potential
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Ability and willingness to travel and visit key accounts each week
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills are a must
- Flexibility and positive attitude required.
Clean driving record and reliable vehicle required. Position is based in San Diego, CA and requires frequent regional travel.
- Competitive salary
- Incentive pay
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Generous health insurance coverage
- Dental & vision
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance
- Mileage & Phone
- Account Spending Allowance
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume as PDF or MS Word attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that your name appears in the filename for all attached documents.