National Chain Account Sales Manager
Narragansett Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
The National Chain Account Manager will be responsible for managing and driving all sales related activities within off premise chains - Area of focus will be in the Northeast / Mid Atlantic +/- certain select chain. This position will be managing Regional and Key State level accounts for the company as well as building relationships with key personnel. Networking within chain accounts in order to secure all business opportunities. Investigating and resolving queries and issues raised by national accounts.
In addition, the National Chain Account Manager will also be responsible for planning, establishing and implementing national sales strategies, goals and key performance indicators that support Narragansett Brewing Company business objectives and revenue targets.
Role and Responsibilities
- Calling on and developing programs with regional chains throughout the Eastern US, including C-Stores, Liquor Chains, and Grocery chains.
- Identify opportunities for growth, present plan and tactics, execute to achieve agreed upon goals.
- Expand distribution by both number of accounts as well as number of sku’s within accounts
- Expand display activity within off premise accounts
- Expand shelf presence within off premise accounts
- Ensure correct use of POS in off premise accounts
- Work with distributor partners to ensure execution of local programs
- Communicating programs and objectives with distributor
- Tracking and reporting on sales, distribution and program success
- Manage annual budget for tasting and promotions
- Assisting with the daily management of national chain execution
- Work closely with the Narragansett Field Sales Team to maximize success in these regional chains and with the Marketing Team to ensure creative program
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years adult beverage / consumer good industry experience.
- Must know how to analyze data from IRI, Neilson and VIP System
- Has demonstrated the ability to evaluate information and prioritize actions in response to evaluation
- Ability to integrate within a team while also working alone for a large percentage of the time
- Efficiently manage POS and local sales activation budget
- Efficiently manage monthly travel & entertainment budget
- Experience with basic computer skills, Microsoft word, PowerPoint, and Excel
COMPENTENCY SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent Computer skills and is very knowledgeable/experienced with PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Very good analytical skills
- Good at identifying opportunities and developing solutions
- Results oriented
- Self-Starter and self-motivator
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external customers, both verbal and written
- Sales presentation skills in off premise accounts ·
- Effectively manage territory through time management, problem solving, and calculated execution
Preferred Skills: Malt Beverage experience and Headquarter experience a plus
Physical demands & work environment: Required travel 60% of the time, must be able to lift 20-pound beer cases of product, drive a car, and maintain professional appearance. Long hours and strong desire to win required.