Quality Assurance Specialist
Dean and Company
Apply for this Job
Dean & Co. is looking to add a Quality Assurance Specialist to our growing operations team and portfolio of beers, which now includes Gold Buckle Beer!
Gold Buckle Beer seeks to provide rodeo fans and contestants premium quality beer, crafted to their tastes, and through our branding and imagery, to be authentic to the western lifestyle audience. Gold Buckle Beer is brewed, canned, and distributed from what locals say was once the world’s largest pickle factory. Re-purposed and upgraded, the facility has been transformed into a large state of the art brewing facility. Currently consisting of a 50 Barrel brew house and sixteen 150 barrel fermenters, the facility has the capacity to produce approximately 55,000 barrel per year. However, situated on over 5 acres of land with buildings of 300,000 square feet, the facility has significant room for expansion.
In La Junta, we are a company of devoted employees, perfecting a beer for the end of a long day, meant to be a celebration of time well spent. Our goals are big. Our focus and dedication towards brewing for and supporting the western way of life can be tasted in every sip.
Why La Junta? La Junta is located in the beautiful Arkansas River Valley, one of the best kept secrets in Colorado, on US Highway 50 and Amtrak’s Southwest Chief Route. Located away from the hectic rush of our front range neighbors to the northwest, La Junta’s pace is slower and more relaxed with a small-town quality of life and some of the lowest cost of living expenses in Colorado. We enjoy a moderate climate and 300+ days of sunshine per year! Hiking, biking trails, museums, bird watching, hunting or discovering the wealth of heritage, La Junta and the entire Southeast Colorado region is a great place to live.
We are looking for someone with high attention to detail, who is self-motivated and has a genuine desire to be a part of a fun, hard-working crew. We would prefer someone with a lab/science background that feels at home around a microscope and is willing to help out with cellar responsibilities when needed.
The QA Specialist will have the opportunity to work autonomously with a sense of ownership regarding all aspects of the laboratory procedures. This position is a great opportunity for someone looking to personally grow their laboratory skillset.
- Proficiently operate laboratory equipment including: Anton Paar, Gehaltemeter, pH meter, microscope, incubator and autoclave
- Perform timely testing on all beer in FV’s and BBT’s to ensure maximum quality for all product leaving the brewery
- Perform microbiological media and chemical reagent preparation
- Identify any potential issues with beer and then eliminate those issues through testing and education
- Maintain all sample documentation and sample inventory
- Flexibility to work a rotating schedule based on production and packaging needs
- Perform Cellar duties as needed, including but not limited to: Yeast management, dry hopping, CIP, gravities and cleaning
- Work festival and events
- Perform sensory analysis and document as needed
- Maintain a clean working environment in all work areas, specifically the lab, cellar and parts maintenance area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry/Microbiology or Food Science preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience, with a strong lab/scientific background
- Previous experience working with hazardous chemical materials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and other current software
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members to ensure proper working environment
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to work in brewery conditions that can be: hot, cold, wet, tight and dirty
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, and repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 lbs and occasionally maneuver the transport of 165 lb kegs
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to ascend and descend a staircase and/or ladder repeatedly throughout shift
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and occasionally exposed to caustic chemicals
This position is a full-time position and offers the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
If you’re a driven individual with a positive attitude who wants to work with a dedicated and fun team, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your resume to Becca Emmons at email@example.com.*Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal background check and motor vehicle record check.