Apply for this Job
Twelve Percent LLC is a boutique craft beer company and we are opening a brewery in the New Haven CT area. We work with some of the most innovative craft brands in the market today, and we are now looking to build our brew team. This is an unique opportunity for the right individuals.
We are searching for motivated brewers with experience for our new facility. These individuals would be great team players but also capable of working with a high level of autonomy. They would be responsible for various elements of beer production, and ideally would participate in helping us to establish best practices as we grow.
The facility features an extremely versatile brew system, automation in select areas, a grain silo, and robust canning and barrel-aging capabilities.
You will be responsible for operating our brewhouse and cellar. Daily operations include wort production, yeast and fermentation management, dry hopping, bright beer production, and quality control work. The ability and willingness to work long (up to 12 hour) shifts on a rotating basis that includes nights and weekends is required, as is the ability to both work independently and as part of a team.
Essential Brewing Duties and Responsibilities
• Yeast and fermentation management
• Dry hopping
• CIP of tanks
• Quality Assurance & Quality Control checks
• Accurate record-keeping
• Wort production
• Assistance with regulatory compliance
• Other duties as assigned
Desired Minimum Qualifications
• At least two years in a production brewery environment
Knowledge & Skills
• Strong brewing science and engineering understanding
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
• Experience in a fast-paced work environment
• Comfortable with constantly changing production priorities
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Strict attention to detail
• Ability to adhere to safety & quality procedures
• Ability to work with a mindset of continuous improvement
• Ability and willingness to work day, night and weekend shifts
• Must be able to repeatedly lift objects up to 55 pounds and move objects up to 150 pounds
• Must be able to work for extended periods standing in hot, cold, wet, loud conditions.
We offer a generous benefit package which includes health and dental insurance, 401K match, and paid vacation. Salary will be commensurate with experience. We would consider covering relocation expenses for the right candidate.
We have an unusual business model and this is a unique opportunity for the right individual. If you think you may be the right person, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org