Field Sales Representatives - Metro LA & Orange County
Apply for this Job
Field sales representatives report to the Director of Sales & Distribution and are accountable for increasing our company's revenues within their coverage area through deliberate customer relationship development and management. The role requires autonomy, initiative and excellent interpersonal and marketing skills.
- Understand and embrace Brouwerij West brands and beer styles. Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of the differences, similarities, and competitive edge between our products, our methods, and our brand identity and those of other craft brewers and mass-market beer producers.
- Consistently establish new customer relationships within assigned coverage area. Identify new client prospects and visit locations as appropriate to introduce our products and develop sales orders.
- Consistently increase sales volumes with existing customers within assigned coverage area. Visit existing accounts to check-in on their satisfaction, to introduce new products, and to develop incremental sales orders. Work closely with our distributor partner including participating in ride-alongs, tastings, events, festivals, and other activations.
- Nurture and maintain long-term and robust customer relationships. Interact with customers as needed to identify and resolve any interruption to quick, efficient service. Help maintain and expand our customer database.
- Obtain and communicate customer feedback to Director of Sales & Distribution and management regarding product quality and popularity, brand perception, competitor pricing behavior, and satisfaction with our beers.
- Forecast seasonal sales, brand execution, and revenues within coverage area with reasonable accuracy. Attend weekly sales meetings to review sales data and provide trend reporting to Director of Sales & Distribution and management.
- Work with our distributor partner to promote and achieve a seamless and superior customer experience. Coordinate with Director of Sales & Distribution and our distributor to determine beer supply available for sales and distribution.
- Taste beers and partake in sensory analysis.
- Assist in the training of colleagues including newly hired employees.
- Work with and support company management on special projects as needed.
- Nights and weekends are required for this position.
- 1-3 years Beverage Alcohol sales experience highly preferred.
- Keen interest in the beer brewing process, beer styles, and beer culture, including in developing an understanding of underlying scientific principles governing fermentation. Ability to stay abreast of trends in craft beer including social media trends, competitor product launches, competitor pricing behavior, and industry marketing techniques.
- Frequent travel to visit new prospects and existing clients in assigned geography. Ability to multi-task while out of the office at client visits, to avoid operational interruptions.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills. Attention to detail, including a focus on order accuracy and record-keeping without requiring supervision. Superior problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Must be able to periodically lift and move objects such as kegs up to 150 lbs, cases of beer, and glassware cases.
- Clean driving record.
- A Professional work style that is always polite, punctual, reliable, and collaborative.
This position will report to the Director of Sales & Distribution.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Pay and benefits commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates will be required to interview in person in Los Angeles, CA if selected.
Brouwerij West is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!