Russian River Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Russian River Brewing Company is hiring a full time Brewer to join the team!
The Brewer is responsible for primarily brewing RRBC beer at our Windsor and Santa Rosa locations. This position will have a strong commitment to quality while being a passionate steward for craft beer and RRBC. Please read our description below and if this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Cleaning and sanitation
- Perform all brewhouse and cellar work at our 75bbl production facility and our 20bbl pub facility.
- Wort production
- CIP tanks and equipment
- Operate centrifuge and filter
- Perform beer transfers
- Dry hop tanks
- Carbonate beer
- Clean kegs
- All cellar work to be completed with an eye towards low DO
- Help out on the bottling line at our production brewery
- Operate the keg racker at our production brewery which includes the ability to tip a 1/2 bbl keg onto a pallet
- Work with and report any mechanical issues to the maintenance manager and/or supervisor
- Work with lab staff with any QC/QA protocols
- Operate a fork lift safely
- Perform other jobs in the brewery as needed
- Assist other employees as necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 3 years experience working as a Brewer in a production brewery
- Current Forklift certification
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Business math and its application to brewing techniques
- ProLeit or comparable brewhouse program knowledge required
- Raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods
- Effectively managing one’s own time
- Excellent communication skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Listen and understand information and ideas as presented
- Communicate information and ideas through speaking and writing so others will understand
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting standards and monitoring performance
- Use common sense in all daily activities
- Work as a team member
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Brewing, Chemistry or related science is required
- 3 years Brewing experience in a production brewery
- Commitment to excellence, quality, and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, bend and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 60 pounds and manipulate and/or move up to 155 pounds. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble. The employee operates a motor vehicle/forklift.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We offer a fun and challenging work environment with some serious perks such as group medical/dental/vision/life/accident insurance, paid vacation, 401k with matching, and discounts on beer/food/merchandise!
Please apply here: https://secure.saashr.com/ta/i.RRBC.careers?ApplyToJob=251803008
RRBC is an equal opportunity employer and we use e-verify.