Surly Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
We’re looking to add a Sales/Business Analyst to our team. Interpreting sales data with analytical takeaways and making recommendations is an integral role within our Sales department. This is a new position that will create a sense of congruence between our Sales and Production teams. If you’re an energetic numbers wiz with a killer knack for analyzing raw data, we should talk.
This position reports to the Vice President of Sales. Exceptional customer service skills, prioritization skills and multi-tasking ability are required, along with a functional understanding of business reporting systems. Organization and accuracy are critical, and an outgoing, upbeat and customer-friendly personality is a must. This is a key position within an office setting; in an expanding and entrepreneurial environment, so we need someone who can wear many hats, be highly resourceful, and love every minute of it. And, since we are in the craft beer industry, this person must have a genuine interest and passion for exceptional beer!
What you’ll do:
- Support the VP of Sales, Regional Sales Managers, and Market Managers by providing routine sales reporting, ad hoc support, and sales/share/pricing analysis, drilling into root causes of performance gaps.
- Customer service – via phone, email, and in person.
- Handling, tracking and distributing incoming sales inquiries to appropriate sales personnel.
- Daily, weekly and monthly reporting and analysis of sales performance.
- Generate and present forecasts and reports to internal teams.
- Support weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual forecasting.
- Convert data into easily absorbed, actionable recommendations.
- Continually improve reports and visual dashboards to meet business needs.
- Conduct analysis, generate insights, and recommend actions for senior leadership.
- Creating and amending reports as per the business requirements.
- Issue resolution around reporting related queries.
- Provides analytical insights by utilizing company systems.
- Collaborate with colleagues in-order to improve and standardize current processes.
- Monitor KPI’s, web analytics dashboards, sales and marketing reports and point out key areas of importance in accordance to company goals.
- Providing administrative support to the sales team and facilitating the sales process, including the preparation of sales presentations and the ongoing development and preparation of sales/marketing/point-of-sale materials.
- Fielding inquiries both internally from department members, as well as external distributor partners regarding item pricing, market launch dates, reporting cross-reference codes.
- Responsible for accurate and timely submission of New Item Forms for distributors.
- Compiling and disseminating data to distributor partners in weekly & monthly communications.
- Creation of Information Processing brands & individual SKUs for cross-reference coding.
- Occasional participation in outside-the-office events and other special events.
- Complete department reporting, build compliance trackers, and circulate recaps.
- Keep all materials merchandise organized.
- Other Duties as assigned by the VP of Sales.
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to multitask.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Marketing.
- Prior applicable administrative assistant work or analyst experience is required.
- High level of integrity and commitment to excellence.
- Competitive spirit and drive to succeed.
- Ability to work in collaborative spirit in a team environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively, work independently and be self-motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility- The ability and willingness to navigate and adapt to a changing plan.
- Experience managing multiple projects and ability to multi-task.
- The ability to work well with minimum supervision.
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Valid driver’s license.
- High energy and the ability to thrive in a visible, fast paced role.
- Previous SRS/VIP Experience strongly preferred.
- Brewery, CPG, or Distributor experience strongly preferred.
What Surly offers:
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent benefits package which includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Short/long term disability, Life Insurance, 401k with company match, discounts on food, merch and FREE BEER.
- A fun, fast paced entrepreneurial environment where you can make an impact.
If this job sounds like your thing, please send us your resumé with a cover letter.