Denver Colorado Brewer
Apply for this Job
Grange Hall will be a multi faceted community gathering space and hub, featuring a food hall, bar, and brewery. Located in Greenwood Village, CO in the former CB. & Potts Brewing Company space. The trade area includes high density office, residential, and travel. The space and grounds are being remodeled and will include a raised deck with direct views of the front range.
The Food Hall with up to 12 individual vendors that will cover distinct day parts of service through classic, ethnic, and distinctive foodservice concepts. The bar will focus on incorporating a wide range of spirits, wine, and beer into an accessible and experience driven program that will encourage guests to gather and explore. We will only serve beer produced in house.
Locally owned and operated. Our partnership group is composed of local hospitality and real estate professionals.
We are looking for a Head Brewer to develop and then lead our brewing operations. Our goal is to provide guests with clean distinct flavors that are both accessible and inspire further exploration. We are not planning outside distribution in the foreseeable future. There is a 10 barrel brewhouse currently in place.
· Ensure and maintain a safe work environment through knowledge of industry specific and local agency specific health and safety regulations with the ability to implement any needed corrective actions. Must follow all OSHA and HACCP guidelines at all times
· Meeting sales goals through product planning, creation, and production that meet or exceed plans based on the cost of sales guidelines
· The ability to successfully create and produce recipes that include a wide range of styles and flavor profiles, this will include beer and hard seltzer
· Maintain analysis of all Quality Assurance & Laboratory processes on an ongoing basis. To include, but not limited to yeast management and health, pitch rates, taste, color, ABV, and IBU analysis
· Management of all brewing equipment maintenance, create, follow, and amend cleaning / sanitation procedures and schedules, procurement and inventory of spare parts, troubleshooting and problem solving. This will include all brewing equipment, milling equipment, dispensing equipment, chemical supplies, in addition to steam production, chilling systems and equipment, and compressed gas utilities
· Establish and maintain ingredient procurement and requirements that meet production plans, schedules, and budgets. Constant maintenance of all related storage areas
· Keeping a clean and sanitary brewing facility at all times
· Maintain all necessary record keeping. Must be computer competent
· Evaluate all brewery operations on a continuous basis to ensure consistent production of products that meet quality standards and production needs, look for opportunities to improve all areas of brewing operations
Key Characteristics / Skills:
· Self motivated, proactive, with strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
· Unwavering adherence to all company safety and quality standards
· Ability to recognize beer off-flavors and create, then practice, corrective actions
· Ability to work varied hours as needed to uphold production, maintenance, cleaning schedules
· Passion for training staff members and guests about the beers made and the brewing process
· A need to continually learn and grow
· Brewing is hard work. Expect to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, crouch, walk, lift, shove, pull, get wet, get hot, get cold, work with hazardous chemicals, noise and other general unpleasantness
· Lifting 55+ lbs to shoulder height is required as is spending the day in steel-toed boots
· While performing the duties of this position, the worker is exposed to inside environmental conditions, extreme heat, the potential for physical injury, exposure to hot fluids, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, strong odors, chemicals, and moving machinery
· Passion for beer and to make beer people will love
· 3+ years of commercial brewing experience including aspects of recipe development, barrel aging, and sour beer production. Packaging experience a plus
· Experience in operating and managing systems related to commercial brewing to include, but not limited to brewing equipment and maintenance, cleaning and sanitation of equipment and brewhouse facility, local health department standards, OSHA standards, and HACCP practices
· Relevant professional education and / or certifications
· Prior experience managing and training others