CEO - Craft Brew Ingredients
Charles Faram Inc.
Apply for this Job
Company: Charles Faram Inc.
Job Title: CEO
Location: Yakima, WA or Portland, OR USA
Reports to: Board of Directors
Classification: Exempt, Salary
We are seeking a highly motivated self-starter with a strong sales or operational background, who has a passion for hops and/or other craft brewing ingredients. The position can be based in Yakima, WA or Portland, OR.
The purpose of this position is to work with the existing team and the owners to develop and implement a sales, marketing and sourcing vision that takes Charles Faram to the next stage of its growth in the USA.
Charles Faram is a privately held grower-owned international hop merchant that has been established for over 150 years with offices and warehouses in the USA (Portland and Yakima), Canada (Toronto) and the UK (Worcester). We supply over 100 varieties of hops sourced from nine countries to brewers in both the USA and around the world. Our mission is to deliver consistently high-quality hops and other brewing supplies while offering the highest level of customer service possible to support our brewing customers.
- Develop, implement and supervise targeted sales plans across distinctive geographic regions and market segments.
- Develop and implement a marketing program to support sales objectives.
- Lead, motivate and develop our sales team utilizing the CRM system to ensure the team is full engaged and has clear targets.
- Retain current customers and acquire new customers. Ensure there is a clear plan for each sales account.
- Develop annual and 3-year target sales volume projections which will drive the sourcing plan for raw materials.
- Attend industry events, tradeshows and visit customers to showcase our brands and services in a positive and professional manner.
- Develop, maintain and implement a hop procurement plan.
- Ensure strong links with our grower and supply partners in the USA and around the world are maintained and we have a clear forward-looking purchasing plan in place.
- Oversee acceleration of our domestic new variety development program and ensure we have access to new varieties globally.
- Oversee and manage quality and food safety systems.
- Commit the necessary time to be fully engaged in and understand trends in the industry. Form executive level relationships and maintain a high profile with our vendors and customers.
- Ensure we have strong relationships with our non-hop vendors.
- Working closely with departmental and other company leaders, oversee all aspects of day-to-day financial control, HR and office systems across all office, warehouse and remote locations.
- Oversee the final stages of an ERP system implementation.
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc reports for the board as required.
- Assure the company meets all federal, state and local safety, food safety and environmental regulations.
- Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, Business or equivalent background acquired through experience.
- 10-15 years of relevant sales experience or other relevant experience in the brewing or allied industries or any other food/manufacturing industry.
- Must be well organized and an autonomous worker; innovative and results-oriented; enthusiastic, ambitious, exhibit high level of physical and intellectual energy and demonstrate a positive mindset.
- Must have the ability and necessary leadership to manage and motivate people with various cultural and business management backgrounds as a team.
- Current knowledge of accounting and finance with some Profit and Loss management experience preferred.
- Hands-on individual with the ability to handle multiple, varying tasks and projects; with the ability to motivate a commercial and operational team.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Along with excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to perform extensive domestic and international travel is required.
- A pre-hire drug screening is required.