Field Sales Representative-Kansas/Oklahoma/Western MO
Odell Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Odell Brewing Company, a family and co-worker owned craft brewery in Fort Collins, Colorado, is seeking an enthusiastic team member to represent our sales team in Kansas, Oklahoma and Western Missouri market. The Ideal Candidate will live in the Kansas City, Missouri area.
ABOUT ODELL BREWING
Since 1989 OBC has empowered a culture of family and collaboration, fostering a brewery full of beer centric people. It is this passion for beer that inspires us to create quality, handcrafted, and innovative brews. We’re committed to providing exceptional service to our customers while making positive contributions to co-workers and our community through outreach and charitable giving programs. We are the 23rd largest craft brewer in the United States, are independent, and family and employee owned.
Our collective leadership and independence empower us to build a culture of ownership where we contribute, educate, and innovate, while keeping Colorado at our core. Always Better
The Field Sales Rep (FSR) is responsible to work closely with our wholesale partners as a valueadded resource for Odell brands. The FSR will achieve volume, revenue, and sales results through effective distributor partner and account relationships and Point of Distribution (POD) goals.
- Work closely with our wholesale partners as a value-added resource for Odell brands
- Introduce retailers to Odell beers in both on and off premise to build brand awareness and sales
- Develop relationships with market on and off premise retailers in 40 accounts per week (160 per month).
- Perform 2 On-Premise Promotions per month
- Perform 6 Off-Premise Promotions/Tastings per month
- Work with Wholesaler Sales force 2 times per month
- Maintain Odell Brewing on and off premise standards within the entire account universe
- Complete necessary and required reports with timeliness and accuracy
- Implement all Sales and Marketing programs with wholesalers and retailers
- Coordinate, negotiate and attend events and sponsorships affiliated with Odell Brewing brands including, but not limited to: account resets, tap takeovers, tastings, beer dinners and festivals
- Survey market upon request and analyze market trends, pricing, and competition
- Comply with all company policies and procedures ensuring that all activities are conducted with local, state and federal laws
*The above noted job description is not intended to describe in detail the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the applicant a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change, the essential functions of this position may change as well.
- Enthusiastic and outgoing with a positive attitude toward the craft beer business
- At least 2-3 years of sales experience in the beer/beverage industry
- Strong understanding of 3-tier system and exposure to retail account marketing and management
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills including verbal and written communication to ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers and vendors/distributors
- Ability to complete tasks with limited direction and supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to operate effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Creative thinking and problem solving with the ability to develop and execute innovative strategies that increase sales and market share
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Ability to travel as required
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma/GED required
Odell Brewing offers a competitive compensation and benefit package including:
- Medical/Dental/Long Term Disability/Vision benefits
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Weekly beer allotment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
Please submit your completed application, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “FSR – KS” in the subject line by September 30, 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Odell Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.