Rogue Ales & Spirits
Apply for Job
At Rogue our mantra is Dare, Risk, Dream. This is an attitude that comes from relentless curiosity and a drive to question, create and inspire. A DIY spirit runs through everything we do and make. We aren't afraid to think big, get messy and risk it all when it comes to creating authentic, innovative products that we are passionate about.
The Associate Brewmaster is responsible for overseeing production and admin activities in the brewery while collaborating with the Director of Operations and our team of department leads on daily and long-term plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the teams responsible for 24/7 brewery operations, including wort production, fermentation and filtration.
- Interview, hire, and train new brewing staff members.
- Assume a teaching role in staff development, program creation / implementation, and evaluation.
- Develop and manage SOP creation for all brewhouse / cellar operations.
- Maintain an active role in the daily brewing process
- Identify improvement opportunities in recipes, brewing processes, and quality assurance.
- Formulate production strategies for new brewing processes
- Review weekly and monthly efficiency metrics.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate improvement initiatives designed to facilitate greater production efficiencies and quality.
- Communicate with outside vendors regarding facility and equipment improvement bids and logistics.
- Participation as an active member of Rogue Management team, developing brewery policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintain facility and ensure equipment is kept in optimal working condition.
- Serve as the public face of the Rogue brewing team, including attending impactful festivals, events, and conferences throughout the year.
- Be an advocate, mentor and coach to a world class team of passionate craftsmen and women.
- Ensure a safe working environment for employees.
- Enforce compliance with local, county, state, and federal government safety requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Brewing education
- 10+ years brewing experience
- Brewing education required
- Advanced knowledge of brewing processes, brewing science, beer quality, and recipe scaling.
- Exceptional strategic planning and execution skills.
- Ability to bring informed and innovative approach to getting things done.
- Experience with project management .
- Professional and proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical instructions to staff.
- Acute sensory perception and training to distinguish differences in color, taste, and smell.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms for extended hours.
Must be able to use hands, fingers to wrist for fine digit manipulation.
Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrected lenses).
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties.
Work environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, noise, and moisture level.
Work takes place around potentially hazardous machinery, and chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment and standard operating procedures are enforced to ensure employee safety.
Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Compensation and Benefits
Position is salaried. Rogue offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Care, PTO, 401(k) with company match, and other company perks outlined in the Rogue Employee Handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.