Cellar Workers - associate & lead roles available
Rogue Ales & Spirits
Apply for Job
We're hiring for Cellar Workers - associate level & lead positions available
The Cellar Worker is responsible for the duties involved with the fermentation and release of all beer to packaging. The Cellar Worker is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing fermentation and conditioning tanks, as well as filtering and transferring beer from tank to tank. The Cellar Worker is also responsible for monitoring the fermentation of beer, the cooling of fermenting and conditioning beer, and carbonating beer to the correct level. The Cellar Worker also cleans and sanitizes product lines and other equipment as well as the general working environment in the cellar. Cleaning duties will include floors, outsides of tanks, parts, floor drains, filtration / centrifuge equipment, racks and containers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate cellar equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain cleanliness of the Cellar and related areas
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately, legibly, and on time
- Maintain quality parameters, documenting and notifying supervisor of all exceptions
- Communicate all maintenance related issues to supervisor
- Perform all tasks in accordance with Rogue SOPs and Safety Protocols
- Monitor gravities, temperatures, and carbonations daily
- High School Diploma, GED (or equivalent, reading, writing, reasoning and computer skills)
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in cellaring or brewing in a production brewery is required, 3+ years preferred.
- Fork lift certification a plus (not required).
• Ability to become certified to operate a forklift.
• Ability to follow written and / or oral instructions
• Basic math skills
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Capable of standing on your feet for long periods of time, 8-10 hours per day.
• Physical ability to lift 55+ lbs to shoulder height.
• Ability to work in a noisy environment.
• Capable of following all safety procedures while working with potentially hazardous machinery, chemicals, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, reach with hands and arms for extended hours
Must be able to use hands, fingers to wrist for fine digit manipulation
Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrective lenses)
Adequate peripheral vision is necessary for safety purposes, as are depth, distance, and ability to focus.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
Work environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, noise, and moisture level.
Work takes place around potentially hazardous machinery, and chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment and standard operating procedures are enforced to ensure employee safety.
Travel is not required for this position
Additional duties may be required. Rogue reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits:
Position is hourly. Rogue offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Care, PTO, 401(k) with company match, and other company perks outlined in the Rogue Employee Handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied