Apply for Job
Assist in the brewing process by operating and maintaining the cellar functions. This includes monitoring fermentations, quality management, and basic equipment and facility maintenance. Maintain a safe, clean, and sanitary environment throughout the brewery.
Hours will vary to align with staffing and production team needs. All shifts (day, swing, float, and night shift) will be required as per the regular rotations.
All members of the Ninkasi community are expected to positively contribute to our culture of continuous improvement through intentional focus on the following objectives:
Safest Workplace - Everyone leaves work as good or better when they arrived.
Zero Waste - Relentlessly eliminating waste positively impacts our customers, our environment and ourselves.
Best Customer Experience - Our efforts transfer the maximum value to our customers.
At Ninkasi, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day:
- One team
- Quality output in everything we do.
- Creative pursuit of mastery.
- Integrity in our actions.
- Successful integration of work and life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate and troubleshoot cellar equipment in a safe, efficient and productive manner.
- Monitor gravities, temperatures, DO, pH and carbonations regularly.
- Complete all necessary documentation accurately and on time.
- Work independently, prioritizing production needs in a dynamic environment
- Maintain inventory as needed. Report all low levels of inventory as necessary.
- Perform FV and BBT CIP’s, while maintaining our quality focused SOP’s.
- Be responsible for ensuring that security procedures are adhered to throughout the buildings.
- Communicate regularly and productively with all Ninkasi staff.
- Arrive to each shift on time with a positive attitude.
- Assist other departments when necessary, including but not limited to brewing, packaging, and QA/QC.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preference will be given to candidates with formal brewing education.
- Basic working knowledge of Office Suite (Excel, Word) and email applications.
- Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in a brewery or related environment.
- A love for producing the highest quality product is an absolute must!
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may he made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud most of the time.