The Bronx Brewery
Apply for this Job
Brewer Job Description
About The Bronx Brewery:
Founded in 2011, The Bronx Brewery is a craft brewery based in New York City's South Bronx neighborhood. The Bronx Brewery team prides themselves on producing what they call "No-Nonsense Ales" – assertive but approachable, innovative but true-to-style beers. Visit www.thebronxbrewery.com or @TheBronxBrewery on social to learn more, or visit their taproom at the brewery at 856 East 136th Street, Bronx, NY 10454.
Brewer Job Description:
The Bronx Brewery is looking for an experienced brewer to join the production team! Primary responsibilities for this role are wort production and cellar work but it will touch most aspects of production. Responsibilities include:
- Recipe development
- Wort production and associated tasks (milling-in, brewhouse CIP, etc.)
- Cellaring duties (centrifuge operation, filtration, CIPs, harvests, dry hops, gravities, etc.)
- Lab work (cell counts)
- Maintenance and upkeep of brewing equipment and support utilities/systems
- Cleanliness and organization of brewery, packaging and storage areas
The position will be full-time, require flexible hours and report to our Lead Brewer.
Candidate Profile and Requirements:
Prior brewing experience and/or formal brewing education are strongly encouraged.
The ideal candidate is a reliable and organized self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a team while supporting the policies, goals and safety practices of The Bronx Brewery and adding to its team/family-focused culture.
Additional requirements include:
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Must love beer!
- Able to work well independently and with a team.
- Able to routinely and repetitively lift 55lbs
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be computer literate, and have familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel).
This position is salaried (starting at $50,000 and commensurate with experience) with bonus potential and includes an attractive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, free breakfast/lunch/snacks at the brewery, a monthly expense account for mobile phone service, etc. and, of course, free beer!
Send resume, cover letter and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter BREWER in the subject line.