Avery Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Avery Brewing Company
The Chief Sales Officer provides leadership, direction and resource stewardship to the organization’s sales function whilst contributing to the overall business strategy. As our senior-most sales leader, the CSO is accountable for overall sales organization performance, the profitable achievement of sales organization goals and aligning sales objectives with business strategy. The CSO will lead, coach and develop a high-performance sales team. The ideal candidate will be an inspirational leader looking to impact all aspects of our sales process, approach and team. Special focus required in generating a “win” culture within the organization where drive, enthusiasm and an ability to pull the organization are all key ingredients. The CSO will lead the charge of expanding the product brands, managing and scaling the sales team and strategic revenue growth across a variety of channels including on premise, traditional grocery, mass and club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aligns the sales organization’s objectives with business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning and budgeting.
- Accountable for effective sales organizational design, including sales positions and responsibilities, sales channel design, and sales resource deployment.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share and other key financial performance objectives.
- Leads learning and development initiatives that impact the sales organization and provides stewardship of sales and sales management talent, all of which are essential to the sales organization’s success. Includes overseeing the effective delivery of training and development programs, proactively assessing the value of training and development investments, and monitoring learning and development outcomes to ensure high ROI.
- Establishes and governs the sales organization’s performance management system. Manages performance; establishing and prioritizing critical performance measures for all sales jobs; overseeing the equitable allocation of organization objectives across all sales channels, markets and personnel; and ensuring all key sales and sales management associates are held accountable for assigned results.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, while fostering a culture of creativity, accountability, professional development, high performance and ethical behavior.
- Gather and provide feedback from Sales, MKT, Innovation and R&D that supports the strategic direction of the brands.
- Leads sales organizational change by continuously assessing the need for change, championing change initiatives and removing obstacles impeding constructive change.
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional organizational teams to develop the necessary tactics and relationships to ensure high client growth, satisfaction and retention.
- Provides feedback to senior leadership regarding new product initiatives and marketplace trends from a data driven approach.
- Is a visible leader in the industry at events, conferences, festivals, etc.
- Compile monthly and quarterly sales department reporting and deliver to executive committee i.e. regional and national sales SWOT's, wholesaler Scorecard evaluations, volume vs. goal updates etc.
- Work with Wholesaler network to launch new markets and transition unsuccessful wholesalers/markets
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years of sales and business development leadership experience managing sales teams with annual goals of $20M+ in net new business.
- Proven ability to energize teams and work cross functionally.
- Experience with both on and off premise sales, grocery and food sales, specifically conventional, mass and club required
- Experience with Category Management
- Bachelor s Degree. Ideally MBA/Masters or other post graduate program
- Demonstrated success in building and managing a high-performance sales organization preferably within a startup environment
- Knowledge of structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects
- Beer industry experience a must
- High proficiency with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience with CRM software