Upper Hand Brewery
Apply for Job
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery and Upper Hand Brewery
- Embraces how diversity and eccentricities make Bell’s a better company; operates in a spirit of open and honest cooperation while valuing the inherent self-worth and dignity of every employee
- Trains, develops, and mentors production team through coaching and/or progressive discipline efforts as necessary; partners with Director of UH and HR representative as needed for employee relations
- Partners with HR to recruit and hire production staff
- Conducts annual performance reviews with direct reports
- Manages day-t0-day production operations
- Manages quality control and assurance for all production operations; leads on-site quality team; compiles and presents quality reporting to Director of UH & UH Advisory Team
- Manages safety program for all production operations by leading on-site safety team; prepares safety reporting for Director of UH and UH Advisory team
- Approves, confirms, and schedules fulfillment of distributor sales and point-of-sale orders
- Schedules and manages all shipping and receiving operations
- Schedules and executes demand planning strategy on all brewing, cellaring, and packaging operations
- Administers inventory control and periodic counting for all finished goods, beer in process, and raw materials
- Manages inventory of critical spares for all production and facilities equipment
- Orders all brewing and packaging raw materials
- Manages and administers internal preventative maintenance program for all brewery equipment; manages preventative maintenance contracts for all facilities equipment performed by third-party vendors
- Administers all necessary scheduling, inventorying, and data entry for Enterprise Resource Planning software; acts as primary liaison for IT and troubleshoots and reports errors
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary
- Brewery Residents
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid driver’s license to travel and attend public events as necessary to represent the organization
- Must be at least 21 years of age for organoleptic purposes
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule as brewery needs dictate
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to troubleshoot problems in the beer production process
- Exceptional project management and team leadership skills
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills and comfort addressing diverse groups
- Strong computer skills
- An energetic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards who will positively represent UH both internally and externally
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- 3 or more years of relevant experience in brewing, packaging, or food manufacturing, demonstrating progressive levels of responsibility
- 3 or more years of personnel management/leadership experience
- Demonstrable success as a project manager implementing new or improved equipment processes
- Formal education (undergraduate degree, trade certification, certificate, or similar) in an applicable field, including but not limited to brewing/distilling, manufacturing, management, skilled trades, business administration, supply chain management, or science
- Previous experience in the craft brewing industry and a passion for learning about craft beer
- Mastery of essential brewing skills on a range of brewing equipment, including equipment consistent with a small regional distributing brewery
- Technical understanding and experience with beverage filling and can seaming equipment
- Automated grain processing and brew house equipment
- Forklift trucks
- A variety of hand and power tools
- Cleaning agents and other hazardous chemicals
- Computer systems, including Microsoft Office, and proprietary inventory management software
- Pumps, hoses, valves, clamps, gaskets, and other brewery equipment
- Packaging equipment
- Hand Held Bar Code Scanner
- Touchscreen machine controls
- Compressed air and other gasses, including CO2
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Ability to talk, hear, and smell
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a brewery.
- The employee frequently works in a sterile environment.
- The noise level in certain parts of the brewery is occasionally loud (80-90 dB).
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, flame, hot water, and steam.
- The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.