Regional Sales Manager - Mid Atlantic
Apply for this Job
What’s a “Superbrew”? We made it up. Because nothing tastes quite like it. Willie’s Superbrew is a Hard Seltzer + Real Fruit. It’s gluten free and low in carbs and calories, like you’d expect from a seltzer, but there is so much more flavor because instead of artificial or “natural” flavors, we’re using real ingredients.
Described by Food & Wine as “for the family member that literally will not drink any beer... dry, surprisingly complex and completely quaffable... even the beer diehards in the house will be grabbing for one of these.” We have won multiple gold medals for our recipes in international competitions, were hand-chosen by the Founder & CEO of Chobani to participate in Chobani’s Food Incubator for up and coming food & beverage entrepreneurs, and most recently won the Brewbound Pitch Slam.
It all started when a goat farmer and a surfing neuroscientist met on the beach. They decided they wanted to make the perfect drink for the occasion. Now, we are a small, Boston-based team with heart and hustle unified by our mission to bring real ingredients, transparency, and soul to alcohol. Join us?
At Willie’s, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day. We believe that they are the glue that keeps us all together, and keeps us moving forward, improving, and growing as individuals and as a company:
- Foster Growth
- No B.S.
- Have a Soul
- Be Curious and Innovate
- Live Responsibly
Job Overview: Regional Sales Manager – Mid Atlantic
This position is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in Willie’s Mid Atlantic Sales Territory. You will grow and manage the sales team and our distributors in this territory. You will directly manage and sell into Independent accounts as well as Regional and National chain accounts in off-premise and on-premise. You will establish plans and strategies to grow and expand the customer base in the territory and contribute to the development of training and educational programs for your team. As a rapidly growing company, you will be required to wear many hats and roll your sleeves up, adapt and work alongside our team, distributor partners, and retail partners.
Desired Minimum Experience
- 5+ years in alcohol industry and beer distribution
- 2+ years in managing Salespeople
- Additional Experience in Service or Food & Beverage industry a plus.
- Very organized with strong attention to detail
- Great with people
- Excellent communication skills
- Gives and takes feedback and supports the development of others
- Ready and willing to roll up sleeves & wear many hats when needed
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to travel on a frequent basis
- Strong integrity and care about your impact
- Passion for the vision of Willie’s Superbrew
- Ready to work hard, learn a lot, and have a freaking blast
- Develop an annual and quarterly business plan and sales strategy for the territory that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability by distributor.
- Set and manage consistent communication with distributor partners in the territory.
- Grow and develop Sales Representatives and Sales Managers in the territory.
- Develop and manage sales budget, ensuring financial goals are met within predetermined budgetary guidelines.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly action plans for individuals on your team for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Hire and train individuals within your territory as needed.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing team to identify and pursue opportunities in the market to spread the brand via new channel programs, festivals, events, partnerships, etc.
- Grow volume and profitability in accounts through development of plans and relationships with key retailers and assisting key off-premise and on-premise accounts in identifying and executing their top priorities for the category.
- Own and call on accounts, including Independent, Regional, and National Chains throughout territory.
- Conduct one-on-one reviews with all Sales Representatives and Sales Managers to build more effective communications, understand training and development needs, and provide insight for the improvement of their sales and activity performance.
- Maintain accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity reports.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing teams, retailers, and our distributor partners to build a launch sequence plan if a new distributor/market is launched in territory.
- Work with our Brand Ambassador Program Director to ensure tastings and events in the territory are executed effectively, including booking all availabilities and ensuring product is at store level to avoid any out of stocks.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals for volume and displays.
- Regularly carry out tastings and events in the field as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience
- Health Insurance Plan Offered
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Flexible paid time off
If Interested, please email Erik Gosh at email@example.com a resume and a short paragraph on why you are interested in the position.
Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs. As a fast-growing startup, we need everyone to put on different hats and do what it takes to move this company forward and achieve our goals.