Quality Lab Tech
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Quality Lab Tech 2 is responsible for performing routine testing and analysis of product, which includes water, wort, beer and raw materials throughout the brewing and packaging process.
- Accurately analyzes in-process and finished products, appropriately escalates out of specification results/trends and initiates corrective action
- Maintains product quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, product specifications, and quality procedures; completes tasks thoroughly and accurately to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Calibrates, maintains and repairs equipment to ensure instruments are operational and reliable
- Participates in production (brewing & packaging) processes, delivering superior internal customer service; isolates and contains product that does not meet quality standards
- Comfortably shifts gears and adapts to change, makes timely, thoughtful decisions; isn’t upset when things are up in the air
- Leads quality and seeks to protect and elevate the brand at all times
- Communicates effectively across departments and time zones; provides concise, organized, and complete information/recommendations
- Proactively identifies and prioritizes improvements that drive quality and minimize waste and inefficiency without compromising or missing the day-to-day needs of the quality department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in science, analytical, or food related discipline or an equivalent amount of lab experience required.
- Previous lab experience preferred
- Previous experience in a brewery or manufacturing environment is preferred
- The ideal candidate will have experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Food/beverage microbiology
- Glass and packaging material quality & integrity testing
- Development and revision of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Food/beverage sanitation & chemical hygiene
- Independent work & teamwork
- Gas chromatography
- Workflow optimization
- Root cause analysis or other complex problem-solving techniques
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- HACCP, internal audits, and good manufacturing practices (FSMA, cGMP)
- Design of experiment (DOE)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Skilled in data analysis and communication
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Knowledgeable, skilled, and of capable of learning and performing the duties outlined above
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. This position operates in shared spaces both in the laboratory setting, on the manufacturing floor, and other areas within the brewery or supply chain. The noise level and environment are usually moderate but will require hearing protection in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and be able to differentiate color. This position requires the ability to stand on feet for long periods of time, sit and work at a desk for long periods of time, and lift 35 pounds safely and with proper body mechanics.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- This full-time position requires scheduling flexibility to work rotating shifts covering 7 days a week; shifts include coverage for weekends
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm Pacific Time on Monday, September 9, 2019**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer