Apply for Job
Obec Brewing is in search of an experienced Assistant Brewer. We’ve just hit the two-year mark and are ready to start growing our brewing capacity and production team. We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate extreme attention to detail, communicate well in a team environment, and take responsibility for tasks and processes, start to finish. At least two years of experience in the brewing industry is ideal for consideration. If you like the idea of working in a young and growing brewery, and enjoy the challenges of ongoing problem-solving and process improvement, we would love to hear from you!
The Assistant Brewer will report directly to the Head Brewer and perform a variety of tasks involved in brewing beer, maintaining the cellar, and packaging beer.
- Assist with brewing operations
- Assist with cleaning all brewhouse/cellar vessels
- Assist with keg filling and keg washing
- Assist with general brewery-related tasks
- Assist with training new employees to company standards and operational activities
- Follow procedures to ensure product quality and consistency
- Work collaboratively with management to develop, implement, and maintain SOPs and QA/QC expectations.
- Perform all necessary record keeping
- Follow all health and safety standards for the facility, equipment, and employees
- Work cooperatively with others across the brewery and taproom
- Attend brewery events as required
Qualifications, Experience and Skills/Knowledge Education
- Post-secondary education in brewing or related fields is a plus
- Two years of experience performing cellar work in a commercial brewery
- Basic understanding of standard brewery QA/QC practices
- Interest in participating in professional development opportunities to ensure continuous learning and improvement
- An almost neurotic attention to detail when it comes to cleaning and maintenance.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and problem solve effectively and efficiently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to multitask and prioritize situations that require immediate attention
- Robust knowledge of materials and equipment used in beer production
- Ability to effectively problem solve and overcome production related obstacles
- Computer skills necessary for accessing and using record keeping software
- Desire to grow with the organization
- Ability to demonstrate a strong sense of ownership in all areas of the role
- Positive attitude and ability to constructively identifying opportunities for continuous improvement though all production processes
- A positive, creative individual with high ethical standards who will positively represent the brewery both internally and externally.
- Willingness to work flexible hours as required by the demands of the beer
- Ability to lift or drag up to 175lb repetitively throughout a shift
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to climb/descend stairs
- Ability to stand, walk, crouch, and lift regularly throughout the duration of a shift
- Ability to work and focus in wet, loud, hot, and cold environments
- Ability to critically taste, evaluate, and discuss beer at various process points
Job type: Full time. Wages commensurate with experience.
Location: Seattle, WA