Finch Beer Co.
Apply for this Job
Finch Beer Co. is an independent craft brewery founded in 2011 and located in downtown Chicago in the heart of the Chicago Brewing District. We are seeking a Packaging Lead / Cellar Operator for immediate hire. This is a full-time position that will work with and report to the Head Brewer. We currently package approximately 200 bbls per week on a Wild Goose five head inline filler with 12 and 16 oz. cans being loaded into the canning line from a depalletizer. Any time not packaging will be spent assisting with cellar operations. Finch Beer Co. offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all packaging activities, both canning and kegging, from start to finish.
- Monitor and maintain historical key metrics and records for all packaging activities, to ensure highest of standards are achieved and continual improvements identified and implemented.
- Perform all necessary maintenance on canning line, depalletizer, and all other packaging related equipment.
- Assist Director of Operations account for all packaging related items from receipt to relief from inventory.
- Identify performance improvement measures related to packaging processes.
- Adhere to all SOPs, as well as safety procedures.
- Clean, sanitize, transport, and organize kegs and cans.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, organized, and sanitary environment throughout the brewery.
- Assist cellar person in all cellar tasks, including but not limited to CIP of all tanks/vessels.
- Serve as a brand ambassador outside of the brewery.
- 2+ years of industry experience, specifically in packaging and operating a canning and/or bottling line
- Mechanically inclined with strong ability to troubleshoot problems
- Ability to operate a forklift, certification is a plus
- Experience with Ekos a plus.
- Ability to monitor and analyze performance and proactively propose any necessary modifications.
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail-oriented with process-oriented thinking.
- Strong capacity to both lead and participate in cross-functional teams to define issues and agree on processes, strategies, and outcomes.
- Competitive base salary with opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Healthcare, dental and vision coverages with employer contributions.
- Paid time off.
- Free beer and merchandise.