Seismic Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Emanating from the craft beer capital of Northern California, Seismic Brewing Company was founded by friends and brewing industry veterans that share a passion for high quality craft beer and an audacious vision to establish new benchmarks for environmentally sustainable brewing through technique and technology. As our name implies, Seismic Brewing is a powerful force in our local community, and a catalyst to shape the landscape of the brewing industry.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are currently recruiting a motivated, self-starting Events Coordinator with a passion for craft beer to join our team. The Events Coordinator will be a part of a small and rapidly evolving marketing department that operates as brand ambassadors and Seismic storytellers. This position will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing events at our taproom and at beer festivals throughout Northern California.
Whether we are planning a simple trivia night at our tasting room or helping to orchestrate the biggest Oktoberfest this side of Munich or getting ready for the next big beer festival, events play an important role in helping us share our Seismic Brewing story with the community. Just like our brewers’ approach to brewing, we expect that all our events will be thoughtfully planned, professionally implemented, and truly outstanding!
Our Events Coordinator will work closely with our Marketing Team, our Tasting Room Team, and Beer Festival event organizers across Northern California. This individual must be highly organized, ready to travel, comfortable communicating with both internal and external groups, and willing to have a flexible work schedule. Most importantly, this person MUST LOVE CRAFT BEER! The Events Coordinator will report to the Events Manager but will have frequent interaction with team leads from other departments.
Although this position will occasionally be asked to take on some additional duties related to this role, the primary responsibilities for the Events Coordinator are:
- Tasting Room Event Planning: coordinate with the marketing and tasting room teams to develop fun and educational events, procure necessary materials and elements for events, and establish event calendar.
- Festival Planning: coordinate with external event organizers to register and confirm legal compliance, coordinate beer transfers / availability, and prepare jockey box and event kits.
- Marketing and Communication: prepare integrated event calendar to be shared digitally (social media, website, newsletter), print (posters and handouts), and via internal communication (email and meetings).
- Implementation: serve as event coordinator during all tasting room events and serve as team lead on external beer events/festivals to ensure each event is executed at the highest qualitative standard.
- Post Event Follow Up: capture and share relevant event images and feedback with marketing team, ensure all event equipment cleaned and returned, and send thank-you notes to other event organizers.
- 1-3 years of relevant events and marketing experience
- Previous experience with breweries is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with consumers and brewery departments
- Highly organized, capable of multi-tasking and maintaining composure in high pressure situations
- A positive attitude and willingness to work independently and as a part of team.
- Access to a reliable personal vehicle
- Squeaky clean driving record
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
- The ability to stand on your feet for multiple hours per day
- Flexible schedule with the availability to work nights and weekends
- Travel will be required in this position
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary that will be determined by experience
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage, fully funded for employee
- Paid time off & Holidays
- Awesome company culture & amazing people!