Canarchy Holding Co LLC
Apply for Job
This position performs basic functions for the packaging process.
Packaging Operator I
- Palletizes all package styles, maintaining high quality.
- Knows what constitutes inferior product, understands the FG quality standards in place.
- Escalates FG issues to the shift lead immediately.
- Loads all machines with raw materials and maintains end of line raw material pars.
- Knows where all raw materials are stored and general layout of brewery.
- Knows about opening, closing and cleaning standard operating procedures for line.
- Correctly identifies and use of all machines.
- Assists in all changeovers on machines, excluding filler/seamer.
- Performs a changeover at least one zone on Hicone or Senpack, with guidance.
- Operates basic controls of all machines and conveyors, excluding filler/seamer.
- Reads and understands end of line packaging production numbers.
- Reads and understands all package styles posted in production schedule.
- Communicates production numbers in real time.
- Stores cold and warm archives in appropriate locations.
- Performs changeover on at least one machine, excluding filler/seamer, without supervision.
- Labels all areas of the Senpack.
- Completes changeover Senpack, with assistance, to all package styles.
- Reports issues with any machine to others immediately.
- Assists in solving problems with machines.
- Performs end of line opening procedures, with assistance.
- Explains the basics of CO2, DO and their role in packaging.
- Operates DO testing equipment in the cellar, without supervision.
- Has a solid understanding of end of day production sheets.
- Understands and reads the OBeer sheets and identifies components.
- Records numbers on production sheets.
- Closes the end of line with others and cleans all zones without guidance.
- Assists with can cut, shut down and closing procedures for canning line.
- Assists Racking Technician with operation of the keg line during production.
- Assists Filler Technician with exterior cleaning of filler/seamer.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Wears necessary PPE.
Packaging Operator II
- Performs changeover of all end of line machines, including conveyors in a timely fashion, without assistance (Target time knowledge).
- Diagnoses problems of the Senpack, Depalletizer and Hicone.
- Reports issues to supervisor and assists in making repairs to machines during production.
- Works with Filler Technician to open up line and runs product through filler/seamer.
- Performs all end of line opening procedures in timely manner, without assistance.
- Assists Filler Technician with operating filler during start up and assists with initial tests.
- Performs can cut, shut down and closing procedures without assistance.
- Completes packaging logs.
- Updates production sheet and reports to supervisor.
- Reviews packaging logs, verifies accuracy and recognizes mistakes.
- Assists Racking Technician with opening and closing procedures.
- Assists Filler Technicians with SIP/CIP cycles on filler/seamer.
- Begins to learn filler position.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in effective communication.
- Skill in responsible decision-making.
- Ability to demonstrate reliability.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 25-75 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Supervisor: Packaging Manager
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED Required
Minimum Certification: Forklift Certification
Minimum Experience: Less than 1 Year
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: No
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Palletizer, Hi-cone, Senpack, Forklift
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.