Apply for this Job
We are a highly capitalized locally-owned company seeking a Brew Master for a five-barrel system microbrewery and restaurant to be located in Columbia, SC. The microbrewery will be located in a 9,000sq. ft. historic property complete with a rooftop bar. In addition, the company plans to open a larger distribution brewery nearby which will located in a 62,000sq. ft. property and will include multi-sport indoor/outdoor areas. Looking for individuals with knowledge and experience, and who is eager to expand their craft and other professional goals.
- Compensation: Will earn a yearly salary in addition to being a part of a monthly incentive-based bonus structure, and the other opportunities to earn additional income.
- Benefits: Will receive a Health Savings Account with a match-up of up to $1,050.00. Comprehensive health, dental, and vision coverage. Includes a 401(k) with company match-up of up to 4% of gross annual salary.
- Professional Goals: Career advancement through education and nationally recognized apprenticeship opportunities. Flexible schedule.
Brew Master Responsibilities
The Brew Master will be expected to be proactive in management of the company in all aspects of grain to glass processes, including participation into distribution requirements. Additional responsibilities include:
- Forecasting production, scheduling and material ordering
- Wholesale distribution shipping, receiving, and communication
- Diligence in record keeping and documentation
- Tracking batch data with QC/QA analytics
- Raw material ordering
- Brew, cellar, transfer, filter, package beer according to SOP’s and scheduling
- Yeast propagations and management
- CIP processes
- Basic laboratory work
- Adhere to all safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work space
- Minimum of 3 years professional brewing experience
- Knowledge of all brewing processes from grain to glass, including recipe development
- Experience in product packaging (canning experience preferred)
- Laboratory techniques (cell counting, DO meter, etc.)