Territory Sales Manager
Country Malt Group
Apply for Job
Country Malt Group’s portfolio includes the widest selection of leading Brewing & Distilling suppliers from around the world. Great Western Malt, Canada Malting, Bairds Malt, YCH Hops, Thomas Fawcett & Sons, Bestmalz, Breiss, Malteries Franco-Belge, Loughran Family Malt, Oregon Fruit Products, and many others.
Country Malt Group is currently looking for a Territory Sales Manager for the Commercial Brewery & Distillery Division. Our Territory Sales Managers are highly motivated professionals who provide a link between the company and our customers. Territory Sales Managers are responsible for sales of our book of brands in bulk and bag format. This position will be remote and primary areas of responsibility will be Vancouver Metro, Oregon and Hawaii reporting directly to the Senior Division Sales Manager.
- This position will require extensive travel throughout the territory and visits to our US & Canadian offices.
- Cultivate new and strengthen existing customer relationships through regular visits and communication.
- Develop new opportunities and drive sales by identifying customer needs and creating; executing strategic plans in a competitive market.
- Prepare and manage annual sales forecasts and travel budgets.
- Educate customers on our product portfolio with in person visits, as well as technical conference presentations and act as a consultative resource for our brewing and distilling customers.
- Attend industry events and tradeshows to showcase our brands and services in a positive and professional manner.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with internal resources including Sales team members plus administrative, operational, technical and leadership teams.
- Coordinate with Finance to assist customers during setup of new accounts and establishment of credit terms.
- Ensure necessary updates/reports are completed and submitted on a timely basis.
- Support the CMG Winery / Homebrew Division Sales team with occasional visits to key accounts.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years direct sales experience in Food, Wholesale and/or Export industries is preferred.
- Demonstrated involvement in Brewing, Malting and/or Distilling industries is preferred.
- Passion for the Craft Brewing & Distilling industry is a must.
- Experience utilizing a CRM is a plus.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft GP is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Capacity to embrace change in a growing industry and business environment is essential.
- Self-motivated with the ability to proactively & effectively manage time and tasks with minimal supervision.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time, including travel to Canada/US.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A degree or recognized certification from a brewing or distilling school or institution such as the IBD would be an asset. While technical knowledge of the malting would be an asset, it is not a requirement as a successful candidate will receive in-depth training on malting.
COMPENSATION:A competitive compensation and benefits package will be provided. We offer a generous benefits package including: medical/dental/vision/Rx plan, flex spending accounts, EAP, paid holidays, paid time off program of 4 ½ weeks, basic & voluntary life insurance, accident insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k), tuition reimbursement & fitness subsidy. Employees are eligible for product discounts through the CMG Homebrew Division, as well as discounts from various external vendors.