Brewery Sales Representative – So Cal/W. AZ
Four Peaks Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
The Brewery Sales Representative will be accountable for achieving key sales objectives through the management of multiple distributors and aggressively growing new accounts. This position will facilitate the growth and development of Four Peaks Brewing Co.’s product mix and brand value in Southern California and W. AZ, as well as being accountable for sales goals that are met by strategically increasing distribution & volume through sustainable growth. This position involves a considerable amount of time in the field vising accounts, educating and building existing and new relationships in order to forge strong partnerships along with distributor management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for increasing distribution and volume across the key on premise and key off-premise accounts.
- Recommends and implements sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Acts as the direct contact from the brewery to accounts, and wholesalers within market territory.
- Review pricing – bring forward any competitive disadvantages we may have in the market, and bring forward and profitable opportunities to the company.
- Creates, present, and tracks sales incentive programs to wholesalers.
- Monitors sales volume goals for wholesalers within defined market.
- Presents new brands and marketing strategies to wholesalers.
- Manages forecasting and inventory levels between distribution centers and wholesaler
- Utilize sales history, data tools, and competitive activity to manage territory and retailers
- Execute events and promotional activities (may include evenings and weekends)
- Improve velocity in accounts by building displays, driving distribution, resetting coolers, displaying POS items, educating retail employees, hand selling, sampling, securing features, and developing promotional programs.
- Add value to all key accounts by offering creative, impactful support and by keeping the accounts informed about all upcoming items within the company.
- Utilize and record daily tasks and activities within company CRM tool (Lilypad)
- Knowledge of data tools (VIP/iDig, CSR, etc.)
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- Profound knowledge of craft beer and brewing process.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Ability to adjust a message to the audience.
- Highly-creative’ able to generate fresh, impactful ideas and see them through to implementation.
- Proven ability to think and move between strategic and analytical thinking as well as actual execution.
- Ability to coordinate brand information, supply POS material, and keep lines of communication open with state’s wholesaler network in order to better sell through products.
- Ability to own budgetary responsibility and execute against timelines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Business, or related field.
- Certified Cicerone or Certified Beer Server licensing preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in Beer/Alcohol Distribution, Food/Beverage or related industry.
- Conducts work in a sitting and standing position primarily; however, job requires walking, bending, stooping, and light lifting.
- Job requires the ability to travel.