Brewer in Production Facility - SanTan Brewing & Distilling in AZ
SanTan Brewing Company
Apply for Job
SanTan Brewing & Distilling, Arizona’s largest independently owned craft brewery and distillery, is seeking qualified candidates to join our team at our production facility in Chandler, Arizona (metro Phoenix area). We're growing at a steady pace in both beer and whiskey production and want to bring on more people focused on quality and consistency.
General responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Raw ingredient receiving/management
- Operate brewhouse with maximum attention to detail and accuracy (milling, mashing, lautering, proper gravities, etc.)
- Perform cellar duties (filter, carbonate, transfer/keg)
- Ensuring that the paper work and associated reporting is done accurately and on time
- Yeast management (harvesting, pitching and counts/viabilities)
- Tank management (gravity checks, trub dumps and dry-hopping)
- CIP/Sanitization on all vessels (fermenters, heat exchanger, mash tun, kettle, and brite beer tanks)
- Mash tun cleaning including removal of spent grain
- Troubleshooting, technical maintenance and quality assurance
- Maintain an inventory of raw materials & brewery supplies
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Availability to rotate in to closing shift, typically 3 pm – 11 pm
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in multiple facets of a brewery
- Strong technical knowledge of brewing, fermentation and the finishing stage of beer production
- Fermentation/Brewing degree or certificate from an accredited college
- Mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical systems
- A great attitude and passion for craft beer!
All candidates are expected to be able to:
- Have a strong focus on quality, safety and efficiency, constantly evaluating work practices in the spirit of “always improving”.
- Lift up to 65 pounds repeatedly and maneuver 175 lbs. kegs as needed.
- Twist/turn, reach over shoulders and stand/walk on a continual basis.
- Work on your feet for over eight hours at a time.
- Work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Work safely with chemicals of varying composition.
- Work in damp/wet areas.
- Multi-task and follow standard operating procedures.
- Work independently as well as be a team player.
- Possess a strong mechanical ability with problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Work all shifts, additional hours & weekends as necessary
- Possess a desire to learn and grow with the company and maintain a positive attitude
- Operate a pallet jack and complete forklift certification
- Be an open and good communicator. Respect for fellow co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
SanTan Brewing & Distilling is an equal opportunity employer and offers the following perks for Brewers:
- Competitive pay rates
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits available after 60 days employment (employer covers half of medical premium).
- 40 hours/year Paid Sick Time (PST) – Accrues at 1 hour for every 30 hours worked.
- Meal discounts of 50% off the menu price excluding Happy Hour and Kid’s Menu items for brewer whenever dining at the establishment.
- Five day work week (90% of the time).
- Pay raises based on performance.
All interested parties go to http://apply.santanbrewing.com/, fill out the application and upload your resume.