Marketing Events Coordinator
Troegs Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Position: Marketing Events Coordinator
Job Classification: Full-Time
Reports To: Marketing Manager
Benefits: Available Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation – Eligible after satisfactory completion of 90-day Introductory Period; 401(k) w/ Company Match – Eligible after 1 year of service
We are looking for a versatile Events Coordinator to organize and execute events that will make an impact on target audiences. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required to help us reach new audiences and create deeper loyalty among Tröegs fans.
You’re a natural-born connector. You throw parties people can’t stop talking about, and can find interesting people, picture-perfect places and create clever details with ease. You’re happiest with a run-of-show clipboard, juggling the big picture and the most granular details. You see the Tröegs vision in 20/20, and armed with your good taste and our tools, you deliver experiences that won’t soon be forgotten.
You’re an incredible communicator and are able to connect with a variety of audiences. You’ll ensure events are successful, paying attention to budget and time constraints. And at the end of the day, you can help us reflect on what worked, what didn’t and how our next event will be even better.
- Create and execute concepts for marketing and PR events in the field and at the brewery including Harvest HopFest, Bikes and Beers, Camp Tröegs and a wide variety of charitable and experiential events/festivals with attendees ranging from dozens to thousands.
- Maintain, hire and train members of brewery ambassador program comprised of part-time employees who support festivals and retailer samplings.
- Communicate and manage ambassador schedules and requirements.
- Partner with Marketing Manager on developing compelling event concepts, marketing strategies, creative materials, props and promotional items.
- Collaborate with Tasting Room team on developing marketing events at the brewery increasing visits, sales and customer engagement.
- Collaborate with regional sales teams and leverage accounts for promotion and display tie-ins.
- Plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives.
- Report budget forecast and actual spend. Track ambassador staff costs as part of budget and approve ambassadors worked hours into time-keeping system.
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers and coordinate venues, talent, food, equipment, team support, set-up/tear-down, beer orders and promotional material needs.
- Responsible for proper maintenance, cleaning and care of event equipment including draft trailer, jockey boxes and all related parts, tents and backdrops, tables and clothes, POS, and vehicles.
- Review permit and insurance parameters and comply with legal and safety protocol.
- Maintain marketing events calendar and conduct meetings with internal marketing and operations teams.
- Create recaps inclusive of concept, audience, objectives, results, successes and opportunities.
- Support additional sales team events and tastings as time allows.
- Previous professional experience (1-3 years) in special event planning and management
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Public Relations is preferred; significant professional experience in related field may be considered
- A love of craft beer and an understanding of brewing and beer styles is strongly preferred
- Previous experience implementing unique events for craft beer, consumer packaged goods or other relevant business
- Able to work on an independent basis or on a team as situation demands
- Advanced public speaking and communication skills
- Understands how actions and decisions impact key brand objectives and overall success of projects
- Versatile communicator able to relay the big picture along with tactics and accountabilities to individuals and groups
- Displays sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Ensure that events are in line with marketing campaign themes and brand voice.
- Be the point of contact for all event-related correspondence and ensure previously planned items are executed and events remain on budget.
- Help drive marketing through social media, visual brand experience, POS, co-marketing efforts through Tröegs and partners’ channels.
- Be accountable for managing event logistics including pre-planning as well as day-of execution. You will be the executor on the ground, and will need to make big decisions on the fly to make sure the event is a success.
- Be adept at location scouting and concept building through field research.
- Build localized relationships with relevant communities and local media.
- Be a Tröegs champion and act as a media spokesperson as needed. Have a firm grasp of the brewery’s vision, brand attributes, history, community involvement and beer portfolio.
- Project management experience in marketing/events industry
- Understanding of marketing and promotion techniques
- Able to be flexible and adaptable while maintaining excellent project management skills, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments in a fast-paced, high pressure environment while remaining calm and level-headed with minimal supervision
- Must be an extremely resourceful relationship builder with previous experience in booking a wide variety of vendors inclusive of production and on-brand creative vendors such as photographers, bands, artists, etc.
- Social Media experience with a focus on content creation for event/media promotion is a plus
- Must maintain a functioning vehicle and have a driver’s license with NO DUI’s
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment weighing up to 75 pounds
- Position is based at Tröegs Independent Brewing headquarters in Hershey, PA
- Weekends and extensive travel are required.
Phone calls will not be accepted. If we feel you are potential candidate, we will call you
Troegs Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Troegs Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Troegs Brewing Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.