Ship Bottom Brewery
Apply for this Job
- Support the application of best practices and quality control measures in brewing, cellaring, and packaging our brands.
- Develop and optimize recipes across many styles of beer. Constantly look to ways to reduce Brewhouse costs.
- Lead the recipe design process from design through production.
- Support, train and manage brew staff on Brewhouse equipment, packaging equipment, tank cleaning & management, properly brew all recipes for consistency.
- Act as a public face of the brewery for tours, interviews, and events when needed
- Identify areas for improvement when it comes to efficiency, communication, processes, quality, etc.
- 5+ years of commercial brewery experience
- Expert level knowledge of brewing processes, brewery science, and quality control
- Track record of producing high-quality, commercial recipes at scale and managing brewery processes
- High level knowledge of ingredients including: cost estimating, sourcing, performance, and application
- Ability to lead/manage and motivate a brewing team including personal development and resolve personnel issues
- Experience leading a successful recipe development and optimizing recipe costs.
- Expertise with packaging such as kegging and running a mobile canning line.
- Ability to troubleshoot, maintain and fix all brewery equipment (Brewhouse, Glycol Chiller, Walk-in Cooler, Canning Line, CO2 & Nitrogren Systems, Tap System, Crowler Seamer, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, LilyPad and Ekos Brewmaster
- Experience with TTB, New Jersey & Pennsylvania Malt Beverage Reporting.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and attitude to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, climbing, stooping, crawling and crouching.
- Must be able to correctly lift up to 50 lbs to shoulder height and push or pull up to 160 lbs.
- Use of ladders.
- Use hands, fingers to wrist and maintain fine digit manipulation and must be able to fully extend arms.
- Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrected lenses). Adequate peripheral vision is also necessary for safety purposes as are depth, distance, and ability to focus.
- In performance of job duties, employee is routinely required to communicate effectively with coworkers.
- Physical ability to handle pallets of inventory that weigh up to 2,100 lb. using a pallet jack.
- Must be able to work in hot, cold, wet, loud, and unpredictable environment.
- Must be able to work around electricity, harsh chemicals, and solvents.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks in a production setting.
- This position may come into direct contact with hazardous materials such as chemicals, noise and equipment. Hazardous materials include CO2 as well as loud noises as part of the brewing process.
Ship Bottom Brewery is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with title “Brewer Position” in subject line. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. The position will remain open until filled.