Scofflaw Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
JOB TITLE: Brewer
REPORTS TO: Head Brewer
POSITION TYPE: Flexible hours with ability to work nights and weekends
EFFECTIVE DATE: 7/25/2019
Job Description: Scofflaw Brewing Company is looking to expand our brewing team. With continued growth and new projects underway, we are looking for an experienced brewer (3+ years professional brewing experience preferred, however, less will be considered for the right candidate). Ideal candidates will have experience brewing on a fifty-barrel commercial system and a detailed understanding of a purpose driven laboratory. Equity potential after 6 months of demonstrating ownership level performance. Agreement will be made by contract prior to on-boarding. Moving allowance potential. This is NOT a 40 hour per week job. This is a career move for a highly qualified and motivated candidate.
- 3+ years working in a brewery, winery, or distillery strongly preferred.
- Must be willing to work 2nd and 3rd shifts (sometimes on weekends)
- Ability to work flexible hours, nights and weekends if needed.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of the brewing, cellaring and packaging process
- Possess common safety and sanitary procedures for working with grain, chemicals, heat and pressure.
- Possess common CIP and SIP procedures for brewhouse, FVs, BBTs, kegs and other production equipment.
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to come to work with a positive attitude and arrive promptly every day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Main responsibilities will be daily wort production on our 50-bbl automated brewhouse or our 15-bbl pilot system
- Perform general process and maintenance procedures for operating grain mill, boiler, brewhouse, pumps and other equipment.
- Perform full CIP procedures based on SOP’s
- Keep meticulous records of all brewing and cellaring logs
- Have an obsession with maintaining a clean production facility
- Assist in any other tasks needed to run a successful brewery
- Maintain a safe and secure and clean working environment
- Must be timely and punctual arriving to work and in all brewery related activities
- Participate in weekly individual meetings with Head Brewer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- You must be at least 21 years old to work at Scofflaw Brewing Company.
- Understand and communicate in English.
- Continually required to stand, walk, utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Frequently required to sit, climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl, talk or hear, taste or smell.
- Continual exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather).
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts, in high, precarious places, around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environments is usually loud
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 170 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision; Distance vision; Color vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: canning line, keg washer/filler, brewhouse, boiler, CIP skid, yeast propagator, forklift, pallet jack, pallet wrapper.
How to Apply
Interested? Please send your resume and a brief description of why you would be a good fit for this position to email@example.com with the subject line “Brewer Application”. Please no phone calls or drop-ins.