Scofflaw Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
JOB TITLE: Cellar Person
REPORTS TO: Lead Cellar Person or Head Brewer
EFFECTIVE DATE: 7/25/2019
With continued growth and new projects underway, Scofflaw Brewing Company is seeking a Cellar Person to help with all facets of the brewing process from receiving and milling grain, to carbonation and packaging of finished beer. The primary functions of this position include: cleaning fermenters, product filtration/centrifugation, quality assurance testing, dry hopping, and yeast harvesting. Secondary tasks may include wort production on the main brewhouse and on the pilot system as well as occasional work helping with packaging and warehouses.
- Ability to work flexible hours, nights and weekends if needed.
- You must be at least 21 years old to work at Scofflaw Brewing Company.
- 1+ years working in a brewery, winery, or distillery strongly preferred (centrifuge operation a huge plus).
- High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to come to work with a positive attitude and arrive promptly every day.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks/procedures.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team setting and individually.
- Must comprehend and adhere to safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and product recipes/material identifications.
- Must be able to effectively communicate and read in English.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of small hand tools, and computer equipment.
- Enthusiasm and strong personal knowledge of the brewery industry and market is preferred.
- Ability to work well with superiors and co-workers in a manufacturing and office/warehouse environment.
- Ability to change tasks quickly and still maintain attention.
- Ability to regularly lift, push, or pull up to 170 pounds.
- Ability to stand/move on their feet for 8 hours a day.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
While performing these duties the employee is expected to:
- Constantly stand and frequently sit.
- Handle production equipment, heavy machinery and utilize the computer and other standard office equipment such as telephone, fax machines, copiers, etc.
- Communicate with others effectively and efficiently.
- Use taste and smell senses when needed.
- Lift and transport items weighing up to 170 lbs
EQUIPMENT TYPICALLY USED:
- Keg Washer
- Keg Fill Rig
- CIP Skid
- Portable Pumps
- Pallet Jack
- Scissor Lift
- Computers (for record keeping)
- Yeast Propogator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform tank CIP’s
- Beer filtration
- Dry hop and/or add adjuncts to beer
- Carbonate beer
- Harvest and pitch yeast
- Clean out kegs and casks
- Fill kegs and casks
- Adhere strictly to timelines and batch records when producing beer
- Occasionally work on the bottling line
- Occasionally load and unload trucks
- Take daily gravities, evaluate fermentation progress and schedule future tasks based on status of fermentations
- Maintain cellar records
- Fill casks
- Unload pallets and operate forklift
- Perform minor maintenance as required
- Maintain overall cleanliness of entire brewery and cellar including tank exteriors and floors
- Handle chemicals safely as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Interested? Please send your resume and a brief description of why you would be a good fit for this position to email@example.com with the subject line “Cellarperson Application”. Please no phone calls or drop-ins.