Apply for Job
Born in the early days of Vermont’s craft brewing history, Magic Hat has been making beer in the Burlington, VT area since 1994. We’ve made a name for ourselves by treating the world as a stage, putting on a great show in our every action, and adhering to a solid commitment to our fans, our employees and our great state of Vermont. We are also a values-driven culture and we encourage our employees to live our values through the work that they do and in the relationships they build. These core values (Imagination, Celebration, Passion to Win, Shared Value and Trust) underpin and form the basis for how we do business. We are currently looking for a Brewery Manager to lead the charge on getting a spectacular performance out of every bottle that comes from our facility.
The Brewery Manager is the site leader for our brewery in Burlington, VT and is ultimately responsible for its ~50 employees. This role leads all brewery operations (brewing, packaging, maintenance, and quality) to meet and exceed productivity, quality, cost, service, employee engagement, safety, and delivery goals. This role will also work to further integrate our triple bottom line philosophy which includes a balanced focus on financial performance, employee engagement, community support and environmental stewardship. We are looking for not only strong operational expertise but also a collaborative leader who has experience building teams and creating a positive culture.
Specific responsibilities of the Brewery Manager will include, but not be limited to:
- Create budget and operating plan for the brewery; establish objectives, procedures and performance measures for each function/area of the brewery.
- Review performance against operating plans, standards, and scorecards; work with team to interpret results and implement countermeasures as required.
- Review and approve plans for the control of plant outputs, inventory/raw materials, maintenance and operational spending, work force utilization, equipment productivity and maintenance, facility maintenance, execution of quality standards, and utilization of outside resources/vendors.
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting problems and implementing new products.
- Recruit, develop, coach, and motivate a high-performance team; ensure adequate training is provided for all positions.
- Communicate for alignment; keep all employees informed as to company/department plans and progress; help set and adjust individual priorities; constantly work to create engagement.
- Drive the implementation of lasting process improvements.
- Participate in and oversee capital equipment projects, including cost effective analysis and purchasing.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments (i.e., Sales & Marketing) in establishing and carrying out responsibilities.
- Represent the company to external parties and the community as needed/appropriate. Project a positive image to the customers we serve and the industry in which we participate. Communicate with external parties in a timely fashion regarding business matters and build professional relationships with major participants.
- Maintain familiarity and oversight for all control and regulatory requirements including but not limited to TTB, environmental, etc.) related to the production of beers, including contact with both NAB and regulatory staff.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- BS degree, preferably in Engineering or Life Sciences, (Chemistry, Microbiology, or Fermentation Science).
- 5 - 10 years experience in operations management with a variety of functional experiences; food & beverage industry experience, preferably in alcoholic beverages, is highly desired.
- Understanding of brewing process from mill in to bottle, including quality standards and practices also highly desired.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skill set with a focus on results.
- Ability to drive and lead change with a positive attitude.
- Experience developing and empowering high-performance teams while holding people accountable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategically, execute tactically and provide leadership to others.
- Ability to relate well to people at all levels of the organization with a collaborative working style.
- Demonstrated understanding of all the levers associated with managing a business.
- Exceptional commitment to quality at all points in the production process.
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate company purpose and values.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks to closure concurrently.
- Creative problem solver with the ability to sell ideas to peers, senior leaders, and direct reports alike
FIFCO USA is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran