Cellar manager/ Brewer
Backward Flag Brewing
Apply for this Job
Backward Flag Brewing is searching for a Cellar Manager/Brewer to join our team. We are a Veteran Owned and Woman Owned 10bbl brewery located near the Jersey Shore.
Backward Flag believes in always moving forward and never retreating. We are looking for someone who can help us continue our push forward. This position will include functions in every area of the brewery as needed. Production management, cellaring, packaging, brewing, occasional deliveries. You will also be asked to periodically represent the brewery at events.
As a brewer, you’ll work directly with our Head Brewer. Responsibilities span the spectrum of brewery tasks. This position will require some flexibility around our production schedule. This is a very hands-on position. Flexibility with schedule and ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends is a must. You must be able to multi-task efficiently, problem solve, and work well with others and independently. Thorough knowledge of process, quality, and ingredients is a must.
What we expect from you:
- Someone who can rise to any task. No day is a perfect day, the right person will be flexible in jumping in and knocking out any task that comes up. While we need you in the cellar and on the brew deck primarily, we’ll call upon you to fix things, build things, deliver things, and improve things.
- We embrace a ‘figure it out’ mentality. We don’t do things “because that’s how they’ve always been done,” Everyone is expected to be a leader. We move quickly on new ideas and need them to come from everyone on our team.
- Interested in all aspects of brewing operations and hungry to learn. Personal self-development is always on-going. We will invest as much into you as you are willing to invest in yourself.
- Prior experience in professional wort production
- Outstanding analytical abilities
- The ability to think on your feet to creatively solve problems
- Organizational skills and strict attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, and a desire to represent our brand at events, festivals, and educational series.
- Knowledge of the brewing process, and of proper CIP and QA/QC protocols
- Flexible Schedule
We look forward to meeting with you and discussing our future together.
Please send resume AND cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org