Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Under the direction of the Creative Project Manager, the Graphic Designer position is an integral part of the Sierra Nevada Graphics team handling the design of sales, marketing and company support materials for print mediums. This position is responsible for maintaining the Sierra Nevada visual look and feel, while helping to advance and excel in the market by creating award-winning work.
- Support the graphics and production teams by providing print mechanicals, ink drawdowns, and establishing print standards for new and existing packaging.
- Prepares graphic production files for various types of commercial printing
- Works with ink vendors on establishing color targets for various products
- Attends press checks for packaging print
- Creates sample design comps for internal design review
- Able and willing to help with overflow design work from other areas of design department
- Implement designs for sales/marketing support tools including but not limited to: banners, sell sheets, promotional items, calendars, brochures, posters, Gift Store support, merchandise, packaging, digital support, multi-page documents.
- Work closely and collaborate with Graphics Manager to execute timing and resources for projects to complete on time and on budget.
- Take design direction via written brief and verbal communication.
- Work within online proofing software and project management systems to document workflow.
- Work closely with design team to apply company branding and guidelines to all graphics.
- Interact and work with vendors and printers.
- Archive and organize printed artwork and press proofs, and digital assets for company wide access.
- Use established product or program artwork, apply look and feel to various collateral.
- Support packaging designer by applying artwork to carrier packs and shipping cases.
- Work with our marketing team to prepare sales specific materials requests, such as banners, posters, etc.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The areas listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working for an in-house design team or agency REQUIRED.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science degree in Graphic Design, Fine & Applied Arts, Communication Arts OR or five (5) years of employment as a full time graphic designer is REQUIRED
- Must have thorough understanding of the commercial printing process and technology
- Ideal candidate will have unwavering attention to detail and be quality focused
- Experience providing graphic mechanicals for a wide range of printing mediums, such as off-set lithography, and digital output is REQUIRED
- Experience successfully multi-tasking, prioritizing and handling multiple projects with competing deadlines REQUIRED.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills, proof reading skills a plus
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop with strong emphasis in print design
- Must have solid, practical knowledge of the Microsoft Office platform, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher
- Experience working with food or beverage products preferred, but not required
- A sense of personal responsibility for quality of work while maintaining tight deadlines and handling numerous projects.
- Excellent organizational skills a must.
- Ability to double check work on a technical level and against design standards.
- At least three (3) years of experience working with design briefs, directly with clients, as well as under the direction of a manager REQUIRED. Freelance is not relevant for this requirement.
- Minimum of three years of experience working with commercial printers is REQUIRED, five or more years is preferred.
- Must have a thorough understanding of pre-press print technology.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel: Occasional travel for press checks and visits to Mills River location
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer