Brewery Support Supervisor - Night Shift
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Brewery Support Supervisor – Night Shift directs a team responsible specifically for the sanitation of the brewery. However, not limited to Brewing, Maintenance or Packaging. This is a night shift position (9:00 PM PST - 5:30 AM PST) that will be assigned to all areas of the brewery and could be focused on cross-functional training across plant operations. This role will have additional responsibilities in handling and resolving safety and employee issues that arise during the night shift. There will be an emphasis on providing service in all areas and departments. The Responsibilities will vary between department supervision and Brewery level support with our Company Values as a guide.
- Responsible for the entire employee lifecycle from hiring to coaching and mentoring to progressive feedback and employee growth.
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring process
- Trains, coaches and mentors’ employees
- Schedules and executes daily work assignments and supervises team
- Communicates and interprets company policies to employees
- Rewards and recognizes positive performance
- Efficiently addresses employee concerns
- Conducts one on one meeting with each team member, providing feedback and suggestions to aid in professional development
- Councils and in some cases provide discipline for actions and behaviors counterproductive to team and company initiatives
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, applicable state laws and OSHA regulations
- Night Shift liaison regarding EHS and on-site Employees well-being.
- Maintains the highest quality standards possible in every aspect of the business
- Develops a cohesive semi-autonomous team focused on safety, quality, service, cost, environmental sustainability and innovation
- Facilitates problem solving activities to determine root cause and close the loop on issues that impact the state of the business
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observe workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure services and tasks meets desired specifications
- Plan and Implement projects to improve the safety and efficiency across the brewery
- Perform other duties and take on other responsibilities assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree preferred or any equivalent combination of experience and /or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Two years previous shift lead experience is required
- Two years previous front-line supervisory experience is desired
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Competent with the Microsoft Office suite of programs (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated mechanical ability & technical aptitude
- Knowledge of production processes and quality control
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
- Ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and implement procedures for solutions
- Excellent communication skills
Driver License Required: No
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; cold temperatures (non-weather); and other associated conditions normally present in a production setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and may require hearing and protection. Other forms of company-provided personal protective equipment (PPE) may be needed to perform work including hot mitt gloves, cut resistant gloves, non-slip shoes, rain suits, face shield protection, and others as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able safely and properly lift 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand, walk, and use hands and body to move material and perform necessary job tasks. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or listen to co-workers. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb stairs/ladders, push, pull, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- This person has a flexible work schedule and must be willing and able to work all shifts including weekends, holidays, early mornings and late nights
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21-years-old to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer