Evolution Craft Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
In 2009, co- founders Tom and John Knorr began Evolution Craft Brewing Company to brew well balanced/food friendly beer for their family’s four area restaurants on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Quickly recognized for the quality of beer, the demand in Maryland and Delaware soared and in 2012, they built a new brewery in downtown Salisbury, Maryland to keep up with the demand. Today, Evolution Craft Brewing Company is widely distributed from Virginia to New Jersey.
We are passionate about our company and our beer, and spreading the EVO message to enjoy Ever Better Beer for Ever Better Food.
Candidates must be a college graduate and have at least two years professional experience with a craft beer supplier or wholesaler. The ideal candidate resides in the Philadelphia, PA, Washington DC, or Salisbury/Ocean City, Maryland area. Industry experience is a must. Complete working knowledge of working with distributors, the 3-tier system, on premise and grocery chain business.
- Have passion for craft beer & sales.
- Possess high levels of energy & self motivation.
- Be organized, self-disciplined, detail oriented & sociable.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic industry.
- Live in the Philadelphia, DC, or Salisbury/Ocean City area & have a reliable car.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, sales or management is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Valid and clean driver's license
- Ability and willingness to work independently
- 2+ years of supplier sales experience/distributor management.
- Growing EVO’s business in territory as the primary contact with established wholesalers by increasing package distribution off and on premise
- Increase grocery chain business and draft presence in each market
- Conducting sales meetings and presentations with wholesaler sales teams
- Ensure inventory of EVO brands and packages is in stock and properly rotated and in code at retail and in the warehouse
- Schedule and facilitate “ride with” with sales reps/team leaders in each wholesaler
- Manage spending budgets for each wholesaler
- Execute and develop a promotional calendar geared towards building sales and distribution
- Develop key customers in each territory and attain a proprietary relationship with said retailers to gain sales and distribution
- Plan and execute promotion events with key retailers that may occur any day of the week
- Keep a weekly/bi weekly planner of goals and account calls within each wholesale territory
- Forecast seasonal brand execution and track results
- Conduct monthly and quarterly wholesale wrap up meetings covering distribution gains and sales results
- Completely understand and embrace the EVO brands and culture and deliver our mission to the wholesale and retail customer.
- Opportunity to be an integral part of a professional sales team working in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Position offers a great learning experience and opportunity for development.
- Competitive salary and commission based on experience
- Health/ dental/ vision
- Car allowance
- 40 hour minimum work week, with extended hours as required
- Must be available to work some evenings, some weekends, and some holidays
- Must be available for occasional overnight travel
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and detailed cover letter to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line of the email.