Account Director - On Prem - Shopper Marketing Agency
IN Connected Marketing
Apply for Job
IN Marketing, the leading National Shopper Marketing division of Advantage Solutions, is seeking an Agency Account Director for a full time/permanent position based in New York City. This is a great role for a Shopper Marketing agency leader looking to lead a fast paced, dynamic, growing team of talented professionals. Candidates absolutely MUST have on-prem adult beverage (beer preferred) leadership experience in an agency environment.
The Agency Account Director functions as the main client relationship manager of Agency consumer promotion and shopper marketing program deliverables within multiple categories or retail channels. Primary role is to provide thought leadership as the face of the Agency to the senior-level sales/marketing team during the conceptual development, communication design, execution and analysis of programs.
A successful Agency Account Director will focus on financial health of the client, organic business development, effective and efficient program management of the Agency team and results that are in concert with client and retailer initiatives. Proficiency in conceptual selling and consulting will be defined by effective written and oral communication skills with clients, customers, and agency partners.
- Demonstrate product category or retail channel ownership with Marketing and Sales client base to show Agency thought leadership as a consultant
- Cultivate strong relationships with client trade, sales and marketing teams, including 3rd party agencies as required, to harmonize cross-functional client communications from inception to analysis of client programs
- Oversee proposals and program presentations for effective and efficient resources to meet the client goals and agency revenue targets
- Identify new business opportunities within existing clients as well as with extended client base
- Synchronize and standardize best practices for client program execution, budgets, tracking, and post-promotional reporting in accordance with company systems and processes
- Effective recruiting, hiring, training, and development of direct reports
- Other related duties as assigned
- Serve as financial relationship owner for cross-agency team departments and/or clients to deliver timely client decisions and approvals
- Activate assignments and encourage partnership with Planning team members to develop category, channel, customer and competitive brand marketplace insights, identify most value consumer targets, communication strategy, innovation opportunities, promotion program objectives, strategies and tactical recommendations for programs, leveraging key consumer/ shopper insights that drive behavior change
- Engage, mentor and inspire Agency cross-functional team by teaching the fundamentals, empowering proactive thinking, communicating team goals and considering succession planning/hiring needs
- Identify cross-company Marketing Services revenue-driving opportunities
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is required; MBA Degree or equivalent job-related experience is preferred in Marketing or Public Relations field
- 6-8 years of experience in the role of supervisor/leader/manager in an agency, CPG, or brand management, including experience in shopper marketing
- Adult beverage client experience helpful
- Ability to make oral presentations, team building skills, and excellent customer service orientation
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Track record of building and maintaining customer/client relationships
IN Marketing is the end-to-end shopper journey solutions division of Advantage Solutions, the largest Sales and Marketing Agency in North America. With data, insight and expertise we are able to deliver the right idea connecting with shoppers at the right time, place and impact to change behavior. Being completely customer connected means we can leverage our retail relationships for your brands like no one else. We pride ourselves on being efficient, agile and innovative, while challenging ourselves daily to make sure we get the most for our clients.
Advantage Sales & Marketing, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.