Karl Strauss Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Craft Beer is not just a job. It's who we are.
Looking for a family of fun, craft beer lovin' folks who know how to have a good time? Yeah, that's us.
Award-winning beer? We got that.
Incredible food and a commitment to impeccable service? We practically wrote the book on it.
All we're missing is you.
Karl Strauss Brewing Company is San Diego's original craft brewery, pioneering the San Diego beer scene since 1989. Flash-forward 30 years and Karl Strauss is currently the 41st largest craft brewery in the US and operates 10 brewery restaurants across Southern California. We are a rapidly growing company, and we are lookin' for some beer-loving rock stars who want to help us make people happy one Karl Strauss beer at a time.
Karl Strauss Brewing Company offers health benefits, flexible work/life balance, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) plan with employer match, great food and beer discounts, Wellness Program, career development, and growth opportunities.Position Summary
The Sales Merchandiser successfully executes merchandising goals in the on & off premise market as assigned by the Distributor Sales Manager (DSM) for Straub and Crest. He/She provides hands on support to various accounts and distributors by building displays, stocking shelves, and ensuring the Karl Strauss brand is available to the consumers for purchase.Essential Functions & Duties
- Visits assigned merchandise accounts to build displays and stock shelves per the direction of the DSM.
- Completes and submits tracking reports daily to the DSM.
- Tracks Karl Strauss and other craft beer displays as requested by the DSM, utilizing the pre-established methodology.
- Notifies the DSM of any out of stock Karl Strauss product and communicates with the merchandise account buyers on when new shipments can be expected.
- Organizes merchandise account storage space to ensure Karl Strauss is readily available and easy to access for stocking purposes, while providing a best-in-class service model to merchandise account decision makers.
- Creates authentic relationships with merchandise account buyers to obtain and secure high profile in-store square footage for the purposes of building Karl Strauss displays.
- Upsells and gains additional shelf display space as directed by the DSM.
- Runs promotions and beer tastings at licensed accounts and as directed by the DSM.
- Schedules and completes “work-withs” with the Crest and Straub, as directed by the DSM and the General Sales Manager.
- Assists the DSM with various sales/promotions, and/or related projects and assignments as requested.
- Respects, enjoys, and shares our craft at special events and promotions as assigned.
- Beverage sales or merchandising experience preferred.
- Minimum educational requirement is an Associate’s Degree. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive buyer-seller relationships.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Must be a self-starter and capable of working at a high level with minimal supervision.
- Must have a passion for spreading the goodwill of the Karl Strauss Brewing Company.
- Must thrive in a community-focused and team-based environment.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel a must.