BREWER OPERATOR - Oskar Blues Brewery - Longmont, CO
Canarchy Craft Brewery Collective
Apply for Job
Objective: The Brewer Operator position performs basic functions in the brewhouse
- Knows where all raw materials are stored and general layout of the brewery.
- Safely and properly operates the mill, formpak, augers and scales.
- Correctly and accurately weighs malt, hops, salts and brewing aids.
- Issues/receipts material enters brew quality control, ferm quality control information into OBeer.
- Keeps accurate paper logs.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work space.
- Completes general cleaning tasks (sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, vacuuming and organizing).
- Follows standard operating procedures to safely handle chemicals and hoses/vessels under pressure while wearing PPE.
- Reports issues with any machines immediately.
- Independently executes a heat ex CIP/SIP on the floor with little to no direction.
- Looks at brew sheet and discerns boil start, kettle additions, boil end, WP addition and KO start time.
- Takes sterile wort sample, gravity/pH sample, pitch yeast and oxygenates wort during KO.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in effective communication.
- Skill in responsible decision-making.
- Ability to demonstrate reliability.
- Ability to multi- task.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 10-75 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Job Type: Non-Exempt
- Pay Type: Hourly
- Supervisor: Brewer Manager
- Manages Others: No
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Required
- Minimum Certification: N/A
- Minimum Experience: Less than 1 year
- Age Requirement: 21 years or older
- Required Travel: 0%
- Driving Requirements: No
- Tools & Equipment Used: Brewery equipment, Forklift
To Apply: Please click on this link to apply for this job. Thanks for your interest!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.