Sales Representative - Los Angeles and Santa Barbara
Coronado Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Coronado Brewing Company has an immediate opening for a self-motivated individual who is ambitious, ready to make a difference, and promote Coronado Brewing Company brands. Qualified candidates must be outgoing, goal-oriented and have a passion for the craft brewing industry. In this dynamic position, your will be an ambassador of our great beer, building and maintaining professional sales relationships with wholesalers and end users, as well as a champion of quality assurance in the marketplace and at the distributorship.
Primary Geography of Business (Local Candidate Preferred): Downtown Los Angeles, Hollywood, Echo Park, Silverlake, Pasadena, East Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County.
- Market Development:
- Achieve specified account goals
- Develop new accounts and maintain current accounts within the industry.
- Communication with retail accounts regarding brand awareness, including pricing, inventory, events, etc.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in account universe
- Distributor work with on a weekly basis, promos/staff trainings, new bottle placements, new draft placements and merchandize accounts. Visit a minimum of 10+ accounts a day. Strong desire to be in the market late night.
- Conducting wait staff / bartender educations, beer tastings and evening promotions
- Distributor/Market Knowledge:
- Develop “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps based on contribution to the growth and prosperity of Coronado Brewing Company and distributor’s businesses
- Knowledge of who key people are at distributor(s) such as the owner, President/GM, sales manager, supervisors, all sales people, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist
- Develop understanding for how the following get done: point of sale orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride-with’s, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
- Know pricing of all Coronado Brewing Company products plus general pricing of top five craft and import beer competitors in market
- Know key people and product lineup of top five local beer companies in market
- Develop market profile target lists, etc
- Partnering with distributors to ensure orders are placed, products are received, and business is growing at accounts
- Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- Desire to build a career in sales
- 1-2 years of beverage related sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in the local marketplace.
- Highly motivated with an assertive, confident personality
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone
- Strong knowledge of the company, its history and its product offerings
- Great judgment and professional maturity
- General knowledge of brewing process General knowledge of market share and product offerings of the top five craft and import beer companies in USA plus top four US brewers
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to master the selling skills process
- Knowledge of distributor operations, knowing how to work with distributors and understanding how to work with different trade channels
- Must be able to travel
- Must be able to work flexible hours/days, including weekend events
- Computer competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail
- Administrative--ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
- Must have a squeaky-clean driving record. Motor vehicle records checks will be performed on candidates
- Ability to lift and moved cases of beer frequently
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale frequently
Compensation: CBC offers a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits including an auto allowance. Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience. All applications must include salary requirements.
If interested and qualified, please attach a resume and cover letter and send to email@example.com.
Who we are: CBC is one of the premier craft brewers in San Diego with both international and domestic presence in 11 states working with 18 wholesalers. The Company recently opened a new state of the art production facility and tasting room in late 2012 and is poised for tremendous growth.