Tampa Bay Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Tampa Bay Brewing Company is one of Florida’s oldest and largest independently owned Craft Breweries. Established in 1995 and only operating as a brewpub until 2015, TBBC has evolved into an industry leader on pace for 17,000bbls in 2019 while only distributing in Florida. TBBC is a dynamic, fast paced company that nurtures an environment where respect and creativity flourish. TBBC currently operates a 10bbl Brewpub in Ybor City, which acts as a no boundary creative facility, and a 30bbl Production Brewery in the Westchase area of Tampa. Live Florida, Brew Florida.
Head Brewer -TBBC Westchase is responsible for all aspects of beer production at the Production Facility. The Head Brewer will work closely with other department leads to ensure a seamless transition from Production to Point of Sale. They will lead and execute on team development, brewing standards, specifications and processes with quality and safety being paramount while meeting production goals.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of brewing unique flavorful beers that fulfill TBBC’s mission as well as perfect execution of the already established core beers.
- Foster an environment where esprit de corps becomes the norm amongst the production team.
- Communicate effectively with the production team as well as outward to the other facets of the business to ensure harmonious company operations.
- Maintain a production flow that will support current and planned sales.
- Maintain a system of quality checks and balances to ensure the utmost quality and stability of the product.
- Maintain excellence in customer service when fulfilling commitments to distributors, retailers, and our own in-house customers.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and sanitation on the production floor. The Brewery shall always be in a tour ready condition.
- Effectively manage a preventative maintenance schedule for all equipment and tooling.
- Work closely with accounting to maintain an accurate accounting system.
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Primary or post-secondary brewing specific education is an asset.
- 8+ years of professional brewery experience.
- Head Brewer/Management experience within a brewery.
- Regional Production Brewery experience.
- Management experience at a brewery with production of 30,000bbls or more is an asset.
- Technologically Savvy – ability to use modern digital interface
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to understand strategy and role specific duties
- Ability to overcome daily obstacles and complete the task
- Ability to problem solve and implement a solution
- Ability to lead and motivate people through pride in work
- Communicate clear direction and intent to the team
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Extensive knowledge of raw ingredients, processes, and equipment used within beer production
- Display a strong sense of urgency in all areas of the role
- Ensure a focused, safe and positive environment
- Train new team members before relinquishing them to their role
- Nurture an environment where the team can identify opportunities for improvement
- Provide leadership insight and help with the driving vision to meet company goals
- Ability to have fun in a fast paced brewery environment!
- Physically demanding
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Working for long periods of time in a non-climate controlled Florida Brewery; however, the office has AC and a beer fridge!
Please send resume and anything else you deem pertinent to BrewBoss@TBBC.Beer
Cheers and Thank You for your interest!