Sales Manager - Sheridan/Gillette Wyoming
Apply for this Job
Sales Manager for the CheyenneMetz Beer portfolio - Sheridan/Gillette Markets. Brands - MillerCoors, Pabst, Constellation, Mikes, Boston Beer, New Belgium, Odell, Deschutes, Red Lodge, Big Sky, Stone, MelvinResponsibilities:
- Oversees all the salesmen and the day-to-day sales operations in Sheridan and Gillette.
- Communicates closely with supplier reps and ensures that communication is properly filtered down to the sales team.
- Plans and implements programs and policies that help achieve the company’s sales goals and mission. Holds weekly meetings to relay sales objectives, programs, sales figures, and information to personnel.
- Rides ever salesman’s entire weekly route at least one a quarter. Makes suggestions to GM for re-routing sales routes and sets all assigned accounts and routes.
- Assist the salesmen in their objectives and evaluates their progress and their account execution.
- Monitors product freshness thru internal audits.
- Assist in personal decisions and helps in the selection and training. Performs year end evaluations of salesman and makes recommendations for employee promotions.
- Communicates closely with retailers. Responsible for being available to answer and assist with and customer needs the assigned salesman cannot handle.
- Communicates progress in market and completed goals to GM on a weekly basis. Reports any changes in the marketplace by retail or competition to the GM and President.
- Adheres to all quality standards set forth by suppliers. Monitors “hot beer” and rotation sheets.
- Responsible for relaying Month Business Objectives and assisting salesmen in completing those objectives.
- Calls on retail customers often and spends much time in the retail trade area to maintain and fully understand all retail, and consumer relationships.
- Reviews daily, weekly, and yearly sales reports to monitor and evaluate the company’s sales volume, profitability, and growth.
- Adheres to all Federal, State, and Local rules, laws, and regulations. Responsible to adhere to all policies and procedures set forth in supplier contracts.
- Assist the salesmen in setting up samplings/promotions and attends the events
- Look for opportunities to reset shelves - moving products eye level, gaining placements, requesting shelf reset from category management support.
- Assist with budget for POS, sponsorship, and overall market activation
- Actively participate in supplier planning meetings, market visits, and monthly conference calls
- Industry Experience Required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Well organized
- Motivated self starter
- Level one Cicerone
- Paid Vacation
- Simple IRA Match