Avery Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Purpose: A shift brewer works to produce the highest quality wort while closely following all standard operating procedures (SOP), from malt to fermenter.
Reports to: Brewhouse Manager
- Maintain all quality standards set for the production of wort for all styles of Avery beer.
- Must feel comfortable multi-tasking, while keeping a high degree of attention to detail and prioritizing tasks.
- The ability to carry out all wort production, CIP, and yeast pitching SOP’s.
- Daily tastings of beers in-process, and tasting of packaged beers at home to maintain a high degree of brand recognition
- To help out fellow team members in any way necessary, when available
- Must comply with 5S style organization structure and continually sustain 5S culture throughout the brewery
- Participate in an extensive autonomous maintenance schedule which includes but is not limited to: replacing and rebuilding valves, lubricating grease points, tightening belts and other miscellaneous preventative maintenance that will be independent from the engineering department
- Extreme attention to detail
- Willing attitude, and team mentality
- Contribute ideas to develop our portfolio of beers
- Ability to manage multiple brews in process simultaneously
- Understanding of P&ID and ability to operate automated brewhouse/cellar interface
- Attention to detail is top priority. An ideal candidate will be one who can maintain focus and stay acutely aware of their surroundings at all times.
- Ability to recognize visual and audible cues signaling machinery performance issues in a fast-paced environment and communicate them immediately
- Ability to recognize problems with wort quality, mechanical issues, or anything else, and will notify the Brewhouse Manager, Head of Brewing Operations, Plant Engineer or the QA/QC Manager immediately about said problem.
- Must maintain a flexible schedule, and be willing to work days, over nights, and weekends
- Ability to lift 55lbs responsibly and repeatedly for the duration of a shift
- Must have 2-5 years prior commercial brewery experience or formal brewing education
Based on experience. Benefits include paid company holidays, health and dental coverage at 50% after ~90 days, a liberal beer sampling program, an RTD bus pass and more. Additional health insurance coverage, 401(k) matching, and paid time off are all available with tenure.
Interested applicants should apply on our employment page at: https://www.averybrewing.com/careers?gnk=job&gni=8a7883a96ad77023016b1efab335761a&gns=Brewbound