Community Manager - Austin
Sufferfest Beer Company
Apply for Job
Sufferfest Beer Company serves our community of healthy, and passionate humans with premium quality beer. Inspired by athletes and adventurers, we make award-winning beer for those who go the extra mile. We are currently available in California, Colorado, and the Pacific Northwest, and are looking to build the team who will help us reach sweaty consumers nationwide.
The Community Manager is the heartbeat of our Field Marketing program in the Austin area. From curating a strategic events list, to connecting with like-minded athletes and community members, and serving beer along the way, you beat the drum that brings our “Sweat. Suffer. Celebrate” mantra to life.
- Plan and execute events that introduce athletically-minded consumers to the Sufferfest brand and produce at points of inspiration.
- Build the Sufferfest brand awareness by forging key relationships with influencers and influential brands.
- Capture authentic photo and video content that supports our #willsweatforbeer campaign to be shared on Instagram, Facebook, and in retail environments.
- Identify and connect with local brand partners to brainstorm on how to powerfully partner for the coolest local event that showcases the earn your beer lifestyle to the community
- Support your local sales team members to open up new accounts within key markets
- Participate in Marketing Team meetings as an active contributor and collaborator.
- Manage an events calendar to document your efforts
- Set up and tear down booths (tents, tables and other display materials).
- Set up and troubleshoot draft systems and jockey boxes.
- Attend 4 events per month / approximately 20 hours per week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years in a relevant community/marketing role, the outdoor industry preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to create new relationships within a given community.
- Strong communicator, both verbally and written
- Organized and able to manage your time wisely to support all functions of your role. You know your way around a spreadsheet and are good at prioritizing your time.
- Creative problem solver. When things don’t go your way, you pivot and create a new strategy to achieve your goal.
- Passionate about your job, your community, and your athletic endeavors.
- Ability to capture social media worthy moments with an iPhone (preferably with your own DSLR)
- Occasional travel required (25%), primarily to support events.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to work in an out-of-office setting with long periods of standing. Occasionally exposed to outside elements and refrigerated rooms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 44 pound cases without assistance and maneuver 168 pound kegs safely and with proper body mechanics. While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Qualified candidate has reliable transportation
- Preference will be given to qualified candidates currently residing in the Austin, TX area
- The work schedule will vary based on events and business needs, requiring the ability to work evenings, weekends, early mornings, holidays and sometimes very long days
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last three years.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check and driver license check.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer